BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I getting ready to get a new clutch. I posted here a couple of months ago spoke to my mechanic and did some research. I decided to go with BMW original equipment vs the LUK as my mechanic indicated the top quality clutches are BMW stamped. I found one at KO Performance in Miami for $490 pls shipping. Has anyone dealt with them? and give me positive feedback?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
LUK is the BMW OEM clutch

·
Registered
148 Posts
The Luk clutch and flywheel I installed has so far been perfect. I bought the clutch kit from dialaclutch.com and the flywheel for bmaparts.com, for a total price of around $850 shipped.

I was a bit apprehensive going with the Luk components due to some comments on this board, even though I knew full well they are the OE supplier for BMW. After it is all said and done, I would not hesitate in recommending them to anyone looking for a stock clutch replacement at a reduced cost.

BTW-where in AL are you located?

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
That's a pretty good price for OEM BMW. Tischer BMW (getbmwparts.com) sells the clutch kit for $512.00. P/N is: 21217515146. They have the flywheel for $782.40, P/N: 21212229190.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I getting ready to get a new clutch. I posted here a couple of months ago spoke to my mechanic and did some research. I decided to go with BMW original equipment vs the LUK as my mechanic indicated the top quality clutches are BMW stamped. I found one at KO Performance in Miami for $490 pls shipping. Has anyone dealt with them? and give me positive feedback?
Here is what I paid for a Luk clutch and flywheel about 3 months ago at Dialaclutch.com:

8 Cylinder, Year:2000-02<br> Displacement: 5.0L
Part# 03-042 Clutch
Qty:1
Price:$256.46

, Year:2000-01<br> Displacement: 5.0L
Part# DMF021 Flywheel
Qty:1
Price:$528.00

These are OEM parts but do not have a roundel on the box. $400 is way too high for your clutch.

Steve
00 M5

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Took out the old BMW OEM clutch last weekend. It had no BMW "stamp" on it. It did have a LUK stamp in a couple places. Replaced it with a LUK brand clutch kit for $241. My Indy said "I can't believe you paid so little for this!" It's identical to what BMW sells in their part department sans BMW part bag.

Good enough for me.:M5thumbs:

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Took out the old BMW OEM clutch last weekend. It had no BMW "stamp" on it. It did have a LUK stamp in a couple places. Replaced it with a LUK brand clutch kit for $241. My Indy said "I can't believe you paid so little for this!" It's identical to what BMW sells in their part department sans BMW part bag.

me, too. After I placed my order, I got a call from Luk (Schaeffer Automotive Group) and they said that M5 flywheels were out of stock and that they would have to make me one, could I wait? I assumed that this meant weeks, so I asked them when they thought it would be done, and they said: "Tomorrow. Is that OK?"

Steve
00 M5

·
Registered
1,388 Posts

+1. Same here. My original clutch had a LUK logo and no "BMW" on it.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Dont forget to check local parts stores....like Oreilley's and Autozone. They usually have very competitive prices and great warranties!

·
Registered
295 Posts
My original clutch was replaced several weeks ago with a new LUK unit.
As others have stated, my factory clutch was marked LUK also.

Al. Wise

·
Registered
877 Posts
Sounds like your mechanic is pulling one over on you... I assume there was a price difference between the two identical parts?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts