BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys as the title says i just recieved my cf acs replica splitters the other day and want to know what the proper way to install them is? i do not want them painted so molding is out of the picture. I have read that using 3m adhesive tape or comparable and self tapping screws is effective. can anyone chime in. I know atlantam5 has these splitters so maybe he can share his experience.

thanks guys,

piotrek

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
No installation instruction provided??
I think that the originals are equipped with holes for screws. Take a look at beastpower.com, I think they are illustrated there.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no they are one offs that were created for a group buy. so no instructions. but ill check the bp and see what i can gather.thanx

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Sorry for the late reply, just noticed this...mine are the original ACS ones, and my body shop used the hardware kit that came with them...screws and I think they bonded them with adhesive too but not sure to be honest, I know they used screws and did a clean job and they are very secure...sorry I cannot be of more help.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats good enough for me guys. i have a body shop that will probably be able to do the install for me as i am a diyer but want it to look as clean as possible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts