BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had my Carboproject GmbH installed along with Cerakote Vanos and Coil Pack covers, it’s the cherry on top of the 5.8L stroker motor, also installed a Mishimoto larger capacity oil cooler to deal with the bigger motor. The Carboproject design uses the OEM lower end bottom that connects to the ITBs and a CF top section that is thinner and enhances the induction noise along with the enhanced cosmetics befitting this motor. The build quality is next level, the CF weave and gloss coating is flawless. Goes nicely with the Evolve intakes.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Maple...
Build specs,
5.8L is a RDSport design with their engine specs and software tune, it was assembled and built by Bullet Performance in Costa Mesa CA, Custom BMW shop in SoCal.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Build Specs,
Custom Mahle pistons, custom Carrillo "H" beam Rods, custom Billet crankshaft, heads ported and polished by one of the best head builders in SoCal, engine block bored by Steve Dinan's new shop to assure correct bore of the Alusil block, balanced and blueprinted rotating assembly, higher performance valve springs, new rod bearings and main bearings with correct bolts, new Vanos solenoids, all other parts replaced as needed. Evolve intake.
Full race equal length RDSport headers with 200 cell Metal Matrix race cats and RDSport competition exhaust. Power is delivered through a 3.91 2 clutch pack diff upgrade by Diffs Online, how does it compare to stock, night and day

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, I had the RPI unit on order for over 4 months, impossible to deal with, learned about Mishimoto, did my research, great engineering very focused on cooling technologies, great build quality, much better than stock so I pulled the trigger

·
Registered
7 Posts
Build Specs,
Custom Mahle pistons, custom Carrillo "H" beam Rods, custom Billet crankshaft, heads ported and polished by one of the best head builders in SoCal, engine block bored by Steve Dinan's new shop to assure correct bore of the Alusil block, balanced and blueprinted rotating assembly, higher performance valve springs, new rod bearings and main bearings with correct bolts, new Vanos solenoids, all other parts replaced as needed. Evolve intake.
Full race equal length RDSport headers with 200 cell Metal Matrix race cats and RDSport competition exhaust. Power is delivered through a 3.91 2 clutch pack diff upgrade by Diffs Online, how does it compare to stock, night and day
Good grief! A 5.8 is in on my wish list, so is the 3.91. Finding a place to do it is tricky. I’ll more than likely have to ship my car when it’s time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts