BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, wanted to share a project I have been working on with a fellow friend. I've always liked the carbon inlay of the Vortsteiner spoiler and thought it might be possible to get a similar look with the oem spoiler. I went to the drawing board and started using some of my design software to make a mockup template then had my buddy use his new vinyl cutter. After a couple attempts at getting the correct length and curved ends, we test fitted our 3rd cutout yesterday and the fitment was perfect (with the slight exception that we will be making it slightly thicker).

I think it looks great since its subtle and being completely 100% reversible is also a nice thing too. For cars of other colors we could do silver or even white carbon to blend with the car or just keep it black carbon. Anyways, if we get enough interest we would be willing to do several cutouts in different 3M carbon vinyl colors (black, silver, white) based on demand and could do these for a reasonable price. The best part is that these have been precision cut and application is very easy.

Let me know what you guys think....

Closeup of the cutout:

Installed:

Not too noticeable on this photo.....but I like her rear :)

·
Registered
IB DinanS2++ e60m5 6MT, Dogleg s38b38 e28m5 TT/ST3, e30 TT/ST4
6,546 Posts
Looks good Justin. I'd buy it if I didn't already have a carbon rear spoiler.

It's a nice subtle finish/touch to the OEM rear.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I was thinking about this lately and was actually going to go to my vinyl guy this weekend and have him do it. But if you have one already, I'll get one from you instead. Will be interested on the black CF. Let me know...

·
Registered
457 Posts
Looks really good, let us know if you produce some.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, seems like there is some interest so I'll talk with my buddy and see what we can put together. For those who would want black carbon vinyl, would you prefer matte or gloss? Oh, and all the vinyl would be 3M 1080.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Well, seems like there is some interest so I'll talk with my buddy and see what we can put together. For those who would want black carbon vinyl, would you prefer matte or gloss? Oh, and all the vinyl would be 3M 1080.
Gloss for me to match my Vorsteiner stuff.. Thanks !!!!

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
White carbon possible? Would like to contrast a carbon black e39.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Ok so since we have the black carbon already ordered we will have this option first. As for those asking for other colors, as long as we have at least a few orders for the same it should be no problem. BTW, what was pictured on my M5 was black carbon.

We looked at shipping costs and we can do these for $25 shipped Cont US.

If interested please add name and color to roster so that we know what material we will need to fulfill orders....

1. Socale39 - Black Carbon
2. Mastermason11 - Black Carbon
3. Gnne60 - Black Carbon
4. Xeno - Black Carbon

Reactions: Nvable

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Wow, very cool! I thought about this myself. Glad someone did it!

1. Socale39 - Black Carbon / Matte
2. Mastermason11 - Black Carbon / Gloss
3. Gnne60 - Black Carbon / Gloss
4. Xeno - Black Carbon / Gloss
5. SuckaGDog -Black Carbon / Gloss

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Gloss here too
:M5thumbs:

6. tbrown1985-Black Carbon / Gloss

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
:M5thumbs:

6. tbrown1985-Black Carbon / Gloss
7. Nvable-White Carbon / gloss

Sorry dont know how to add to list

·
Registered
694 Posts
I have alpine white with gloss black accents. I think carbon gloss black would look best.... What about you?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 20 of 215 Posts