BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,422 Posts
London Mike said:

That Autotrader page has a huge amount of garbage for just one page. How about a 340bhp 3.6? Some people are taking serious Michael.

:cheers:

ralph (vadas1)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
261 Posts
I'm with the others, especially Steve Mac. It's nowhere near as nice as mine.....

...which can be yours for a little more with new Schnitzer suspension and FSH...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Kurt Ramsden said:
I'm with the others, especially Steve Mac. It's nowhere near as nice as mine.....

...which can be yours for a little more with new Schnitzer suspension and FSH...
Hi matey,

Have you got any pics further details and price?

TBH the guy whos selling the white one is a complete twat, I was set on buying it next week and phoned him to tell him I decided to have it and make a final offer, then he had a go at me on the phone just for being cautious in buying it. Said he wasn't interested in all my crap and if I want to buy someone elses go ahead. Didn't say anything back to him at the time couldnt be arsed, but **** am I buying his heap of ****e now.

Good luck to him selling it with no history, ****ed suspension, a filthy engine, wheels on backwards and a dodgy spray job, and ranting the engine on a test drive from cold :mad: TBH I doubt he will even sell it, so he's just blown his chance of a genuine buyer.:byebye:

I hope he is reading this at some point when he finds this site to work out why his crap car isn't selling, and see's my mint example I have bought!cherrsagai

Letting me give a few hints;

-Car looks ****ed and like it has been dumped
-Car looks like owner cant even be bothered with it hence the suspension being ****ed etc when hes trying to sell it? I mean who sells a car while its ****ed? doesn't say much about his care of the car does it?
-his 'DEAL' involves me giving him the full price to get the suspension sorted as a deposit, so if I pull out of the deal the work has cost him nothing, hmm let me think, what a good idea!!!
-Owner rants the **** out of it from cold
-Owner owns his own business in the car industry but claims to know nothing about mechanics, or workings of a car, then procedes to explain in detail about suspension and the working of bearings (make your mind up!)
-Once I advise that an inspection will be done (by an engineer i know) only then does he decide to tell me hes hit a deer in it and replaced the wing! (and what else I wonder?)
-Its has a full THREE GRAND RESPRAY, well whoopty fcuking doo you can always polish a turd! and it didnt cost him anything anyway to gey done!, its probably covering all the filler and rust thats hiding underneath.

Anyway, anyone see's this car advertised and goes to buy it, good luck you'll need it.:hihi:

Meanwhile, I've decided to buy a proper one :D

Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
261 Posts
Steve - details of my car can be found in the 'For Sale / Wanted' section of this forum, or via www.pistonheads.com/sales/detail.asp?i=31802&s=273

You're a long way from me - I'm expecting to be in the Derby area next weekend if you'd like to see the car in the flesh.

I've got some more pics if you want them PM me with your email and I'll send them through.

Suffice to say my car has a few advantages over the white one...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,972 Posts
Steve-O said:
Hi matey,

Have you got any pics further details and price?

TBH the guy whos selling the white one is a complete twat, I was set on buying it next week and phoned him to tell him I decided to have it and make a final offer, then he had a go at me on the phone just for being cautious in buying it. Said he wasn't interested in all my crap and if I want to buy someone elses go ahead. Didn't say anything back to him at the time couldnt be arsed, but **** am I buying his heap of ****e now.

Good luck to him selling it with no history, ****ed suspension, a filthy engine, wheels on backwards and a dodgy spray job, and ranting the engine on a test drive from cold :mad: TBH I doubt he will even sell it, so he's just blown his chance of a genuine buyer.:byebye:

I hope he is reading this at some point when he finds this site to work out why his crap car isn't selling, and see's my mint example I have bought!cherrsagai

Letting me give a few hints;

-Car looks ****ed and like it has been dumped
-Car looks like owner cant even be bothered with it hence the suspension being ****ed etc when hes trying to sell it? I mean who sells a car while its ****ed? doesn't say much about his care of the car does it?
-his 'DEAL' involves me giving him the full price to get the suspension sorted as a deposit, so if I pull out of the deal the work has cost him nothing, hmm let me think, what a good idea!!!
-Owner rants the **** out of it from cold
-Owner owns his own business in the car industry but claims to know nothing about mechanics, or workings of a car, then procedes to explain in detail about suspension and the working of bearings (make your mind up!)
-Once I advise that an inspection will be done (by an engineer i know) only then does he decide to tell me hes hit a deer in it and replaced the wing! (and what else I wonder?)
-Its has a full THREE GRAND RESPRAY, well whoopty fcuking doo you can always polish a turd! and it didnt cost him anything anyway to gey done!, its probably covering all the filler and rust thats hiding underneath.

Anyway, anyone see's this car advertised and goes to buy it, good luck you'll need it.:hihi:

Meanwhile, I've decided to buy a proper one :D

Steve
Good point old chap :cheers:

A little less of the "F" word :nono:

Kurts is a nice example and a strong engine :noSMG:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
707 Posts
I've driven Kurt's car - it is a good 'un!

And I've known him for some time from previous forums/clubs, so I know he looks after his cars.

Don't think you'd go far wrong with it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Hi guys,

Sorry for not comming on for a while, I've had a nightmare with my jobs recently, well, trying to get one after being made redundant!!

Kurt, i'm still interested in your M5, please let me know if it is still for sale :)

Cheers

Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
707 Posts
Steve - I drove Kurt's car again between Christmas and New Year.

So the assessment is more relevant now - particularly as I've had my own car for a couple of months now.

I'd say the car is in very good condition. Everything feels taut and "all together" if you know what I mean.

Schnitzer suspension is really good.

No real interior creaks or rattles - in fact, my 55,000 miler has more interior noises!

I freely admit that Kurt's a good mate, but my comments are genuine and accurate.

Anyway -you need to see/drive it to make your own decision, but at the very least, I'd say it's worth your taking the effort to go see it.

There's a lot of badly maintained crap out there - took me 2 years of looking on and off to find mine.

Good luck with whatever you do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Rob Plummer said:
Steve - I drove Kurt's car again between Christmas and New Year.

So the assessment is more relevant now - particularly as I've had my own car for a couple of months now.

I'd say the car is in very good condition. Everything feels taut and "all together" if you know what I mean.

Schnitzer suspension is really good.

No real interior creaks or rattles - in fact, my 55,000 miler has more interior noises!

I freely admit that Kurt's a good mate, but my comments are genuine and accurate.

Anyway -you need to see/drive it to make your own decision, but at the very least, I'd say it's worth your taking the effort to go see it.

There's a lot of badly maintained crap out there - took me 2 years of looking on and off to find mine.

Good luck with whatever you do.
Cheers matey,

Kurt, can you email me some more piccies please to steven_andrews(at)lycos.co.uk please?

I will be honest with you now and say that, the money I had from the sale of my 300zx has been spent clearing off bills now, and I am going to have to sell my ST200 to purchase this car (if I do).

Although if it is ok with you, I would still like to have a looksie at it at some point?

Depends how desperate you are to sell it, but I could give you a deposit?

I think the best thing for me to do, is to advertise my car, and look at some more piccies of yours etc and then i'll keep you posted and you do likewise? if that's ok?

My car should sell pretty quick anyway I would think, it's got to be the best condition, lowest milage one out there!

I was originally going to keep my ST200 as my everyday shuttle to and from work and have the bimmer to replace my Z as the fun toy, but it looks like i'm going to have to have just the one car because of the cash situation atm :(

Speak to you soon,

Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
261 Posts
Rob - thanks again for your endorsement.

Steve - I'll post some pics through to you, along with some more background information.

If you're going to be stuck with one car, you can do at lot worse than an M5....

Cheers

Kurt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
707 Posts
Kurt Ramsden said:
If you're going to be stuck with one car, you can do at lot worse than an M5....
Absolutely right! That's exactly why I bought mine!!

To be honest, in my opinion, they aren't special enough to be a 2nd car, but then again I always think you should buy a car to USE it!!

The M5 will do all that's asked of it!

Good for business use.

Good for family use.

Motorway cruising.

Comfy around town.

Cross continent trips.

B-road blasting.

It's as near to the perfect all rounder as you'll ever get!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Hi Guys/Kurt,

Havn't heard from you for a while mate, I hope you get the clutch sorted and get a good price, if you decide to sell her! I can tell that you don't really want to part with her mate so go on, keep her you know you want to!!!! :D

So it's been a while, and after much debate, I decided to change sides and get an M3 :D

E36 on an L, FBMSH, 125k on the clock, but it is imaculate :haha:

See you guys around and thanks for all the advice, at least it's still an M cherrsagai and I love her mmmmmm

All the best,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
261 Posts
Hi Steve,

You're right - I don't want to sell - at least for now! I get the car back tomorrow with new clutch and rear crankshaft oil seal - can't wait to drive it again...

Hope you enjoy your 'baby' M.

Cheers

Kurt
 
41 - 58 of 58 Posts
Top