BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hmm those are from Helsinki motor show which was held last week.. I visited there too. I assume the colour of the M5 pictured here is Sepang Bronze, and I got to admit that photos don`t do any justice for that colour - looks way better in real life! :)

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Ltn said:
Hmm those are from Helsinki motor show which was held last week.. I visited there too. I assume the colour of the M5 pictured here is Sepang Bronze, and I got to admit that photos don`t do any justice for that colour - looks way better in real life! :)
Where you there? I was going to go but had some other more important things to do.. My big bro was there, must aks him if he took any photos..

·
Registered
152 Posts
Nice comparsion in those photos. 1 series standing with the M5. It`s a maw in every aspect.
just thinking what would it be if we put M5 engine into the 1 series. Don`t know where and how would it fit, but just imagine :haha2:
BTW. Is that 120d with M-package ?

Cheers cherrsagai

·
Registered
816 Posts
///Mysliwiec said:
just thinking what would it be if we put M5 engine into the 1 series. Don`t know where and how would it fit, but just imagine :haha2:
BTW. Cheers cherrsagai
The rear tyres would spin endlessly but the car would not move an inch!

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
///Mysliwiec said:
Nice comparsion in those photos. 1 series standing with the M5. It`s a maw in every aspect.
BTW. Is that 120d with M-package ?

Cheers cherrsagai
Yes, it's a 120d with M-sport package

·
Registered
260 Posts
beckhammania23 said:
Yes, it's a 120d with M-sport package
I test drove a 120d here in portugal and its very fast! I was very surprised with tht diference between the 150bhp version!
This one has 163bhp and more torque (340nm) that in a dyno ends ups with more less 180bhp and 380nm :M5launch:
It goes was even over 200km/h...

Its faster then a 520i (2.2 170bhp) ! :hihi:

Cheers!

·
Registered
816 Posts
Artur Costa said:
Its faster then a 520i (2.2 170bhp) ! :hihi:

Cheers!
The official statistics from BMW websites show the 0-100km/h for the 120i and 525i to be both the same at 8.7 secs. :hihi: Funny that!

·
Registered
260 Posts
M6 Forever said:
The official statistics from BMW websites show the 0-100km/h for the 120i and 525i to be both the same at 8.7 secs. :hihi: Funny that!
Yes , the 120d seems to be even faster then a 525i

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Artur Costa said:
Yes , the 120d seems to be even faster then a 525i
of course we have to remember that these diesels are all turbocharged so its not fair to compare with a NA bensin.. but the numbers are astounding anyways.. and soon the power will be 200hp from 2l of diesel :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts