BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched the forum and found nothing so I thought I would throw this out to the more informed than I members of this board.

When at the dealership for another issue, I was informed of a campaign for the "rear axle carrier". My SA knew no details. Car had no symptoms so I have no idea if was "fixed" properly unless I know what was supposed to be defective. If anyone can enlighten me, I'd appreciate it. I have an 07 with 7400 miles.

The reason for bringing my car into the dealership?

While washing my car two weeks ago, I noticed the clear coat peeling under the drivers side headlight. I brought it in to the dealership and even though I didnt purchase the car new, nor did the original owner purchase it there, they committed to respray the front bumper. Pleased with the dealer right now. Once I see the results, I will let you know how that turns out. PM me if you are interested.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is an actual E60 campaign

Sorry it took me so long to post this. According to my SA, there is a new campaign for the M5 that deals with the rear axle carrier. He told me that it was VIN specific. The repair statement says Campaign for rear axle carrier. Rear axle carrier may break in the event of sporty starting. Replace the rear axle carrier. Program control units not incl CAS.

This statement is followed by a listing of the parts starting with the rear axle carrier, part number 33-31-2-283-290. The rest of the parts are collars and fasteners.

Has anyone else had this done?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts