BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday I bought nr. 417. Somebody maybe knows this car. It was some swedish guy who just doesn't know what he let loose. :confused3



But my driving for this year is already been driven, because I have already but this beaty in to winter garage. But for the 200km I drow this beast it was so amazing that I can hardly wait for summer. :wroom:

BTW. First BiTurbo in Finland, atleast for my knowledge.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
Ahh congratulations! You bought Ando´s BiTurbo! It´s stunning looking.

/// Johnny
Alpina Club Schweden - www.alpinacs.se
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
885 Posts
Have seen it in Buchloe.A real beauty.congrats!
Didn't kow Ando had plans to let it go.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
420 Posts
Hi Guys !

The reason that I sold the BiTurbo is that I am going to buy my favorite Alpina , the stunning B7 Turbo Coupe mmmmmm I have since a couple of years back decided only to have one "hobbycar" so the BiTurbo had to make place in the garage for the new "baby"lovelove . When I bought my BiTurbo I was actually looking on a B7 Coupe ! But that car I was looking at was not good enough and there were no other objects on the market , so my second choice was a BiTurbo . So I looked at 5-6 cars and found "the red one" which I bought. I have had it during two lovely summers and it´s a amazing car but a little bit modern to be a "hobbycar" , at least for my taste :) . So if everything goes as expected then I have a B7 Turbo Coupe in my garage next weekend :1: :1:

Best regards
Ando
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
885 Posts
A.G said:
Hi Guys !

The reason that I sold the BiTurbo is that I am going to buy my favorite Alpina , the stunning B7 Turbo Coupe mmmmmm I have since a couple of years back decided only to have one "hobbycar" so the BiTurbo had to make place in the garage for the new "baby"lovelove . When I bought my BiTurbo I was actually looking on a B7 Coupe ! But that car I was looking at was not good enough and there were no other objects on the market , so my second choice was a BiTurbo . So I looked at 5-6 cars and found "the red one" which I bought. I have had it during two lovely summers and it´s a amazing car but a little bit modern to be a "hobbycar" , at least for my taste :) . So if everything goes as expected then I have a B7 Turbo Coupe in my garage next weekend :1: :1:

Best regards
Ando
I have to admit the b7 turbo coupe was my first love with alpina back in '84 after reading the test against the m635csi.I'v been in one for a little drive in Buchloe this summer and i loved the 'feel'.The car was from a guy from Austria and only had done 56000km! :eek:h:

Regards,C-J


(don't tell me you bought this one Ando.....)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
420 Posts
Hi C-J.

No it´s not that one ! Some years ago I was close to buy one of thees B7S Coupe´s , it was for sale quiet a long time at Behrend Automobile outside Munich. But I want to have a B7 / 1 built from 84-87 (without Cat)

But the B7 S Coupe is a really rare , only 30 cars built ouich

I fell in "love" with the B7 Coupe when I saw a test in a Magazine back in 87 , I still have that Magazine :M5thumbs: I was close to buy one in 93 but it was in very poor condition so I bought a M635 instead

regards
Ando
 

Attachments

·
Registered
2009 M6 Coupe 24000 miles Saphire Black
Joined
·
1,797 Posts
A.G said:
Hi C-J.

No it´s not that one ! Some years ago I was close to buy one of thees B7S Coupe´s , it was for sale quiet a long time at Behrend Automobile outside Munich. But I want to have a B7 / 1 built from 84-87 (without Cat)

But the B7 S Coupe is a really rare , only 30 cars built ouich

I fell in "love" with the B7 Coupe when I saw a test in a Magazine back in 87 , I still have that Magazine :M5thumbs: I was close to buy one in 93 but it was in very poor condition so I bought a M635 instead

regards
Ando
Good luck on you hunt for a B7/1 Coupe.
What magazine are to refering to?
 

·
Registered
2009 M6 Coupe 24000 miles Saphire Black
Joined
·
1,797 Posts
A.G said:
Thanks !

The magazine was the Swedish "Automobile" nr 1 1987 , 13 pages :biggrin: about Alpina including visit in Buchloe and test of B7 (E24 and 28 )

Ando
OK, is it the issue where they tested the E28 B7 0-100 kph in 4,8 sec ???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
420 Posts
No It was another magazine (Teknikens Värld) who made that test , but it was with the same car . The car was(and still is) owned by two brothers from Stockholm . Automobile just drove the car without any test instruments but TV made a "real" test :hihi: The car was a little bit "modified" but not so much ! 0-100 = 4,8 sek
0-150 = 9.3 sek
0-190 =15.0 sek

90-130 = 3,6 sek (Ferarri Testarossa had 6,4 sek !) :M5thumbs:

Ando
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
420 Posts
One have to remember that a standard 300 Hp B7 E28 is only 0,2 sek slower than a standard B10 BiTurbo up to 200 km/h :hihi: (19,4 - 19,2)

The B7 Turbo coupe has 19,6 on the same distance.

All this numbers are from The Alpina -Gemeinschaft.

Ando
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
885 Posts
90-130 = 3,6 sek (Ferarri Testarossa had 6,4


I don't know where the info about the testarossa is coming from,but in the test against the bt 100 is done in 5.7s and 140 in 9.8s,so thats 4.1s from 100 to 140

90-130 in 3.6s in the e28 is impressive though
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
669 Posts
A.G said:
Hi C-J.

No it´s not that one ! Some years ago I was close to buy one of thees B7S Coupe´s , it was for sale quiet a long time at Behrend Automobile outside Munich. But I want to have a B7 / 1 built from 84-87 (without Cat)

But the B7 S Coupe is a really rare , only 30 cars built ouich

I fell in "love" with the B7 Coupe when I saw a test in a Magazine back in 87 , I still have that Magazine :M5thumbs: I was close to buy one in 93 but it was in very poor condition so I bought a M635 instead

regards
Ando
Now that B7 S Coupe would definitely complete my B7 collection........I cannot wait to see the pics of your new "HobbieCar" :haha:

Cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Cor-Jan said:
I don't know where the info about the testarossa is coming from,but in the test against the bt 100 is done in 5.7s and 140 in 9.8s,so thats 4.1s from 100 to 140

90-130 in 3.6s in the e28 is impressive though
Greetings


The info comparing Ferrari Testarossa and B10 Biturbo is coming from SportAuto -magazine January 1990 -issue.


I hope the attachment opens properly.

Cheers,

Mika
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
885 Posts
timipi said:
Greetings


The info comparing Ferrari Testarossa and B10 Biturbo is coming from SportAuto -magazine January 1990 -issue.


I hope the attachment opens properly.

Cheers,

Mika
:confused: I have the magazine Mika,thats were my info is from.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Cor-Jan said:
:confused: I have the magazine Mika,thats were my info is from.
Hi Cor-Jan.

I misunderstood your text.

Because of that article, many Alpina fans think that Biturbo kicks Ferrari Testarossa's behind every time. But the modifications that followed the original Testarossa (390 bhp 1984-88): 512 TR (428 bhp, 1992-94) and F512 M (441, bhp 1994-96) were faster cars.

I would like to have a V12 Ferrari in my carage some day - but not Testarossa. I have a soft spot for 365, 400 and 412 - those "boxy" Ferraris.


Greetings,
Mika
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
Hello BT!
Whats the adress to your homepage where you had alot of pictures on the car?
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top