BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1999 Silverstone M5 took this as a PX for my 90 Carrera 2 Targa with cash my way, 3 kids and the old targa just didnt mix any more sadly. Although I am gutted that the porsche went as the residuals would be better in the long run on an old 911 the M5 is just a better all round car, FULLSTOP. Heres hoping for a price hike on the e39 m5's i am one of the people that sold his e30 m3 for about £6k 8 years ago ouichouichouich

any how the car has FULL BMW history up to the past 2 years where Munich Legends have managed its well being, clutch etc etc etc. Invoices for over £6k in the past 12 months! the guy that i got it from used it as a company motorway barge so its suffered a few dints and stone chips, he did 25k miles in one year in it!! and replaced it with a V10 M5.

So its gone into my brother inlaws bodyshop to have all scabby bits addressed and a couple of dints also. then its on for muffler delete once i get the car back.

Cheers

·
Registered
253 Posts
welcome, lovely looking car

looks very much the same as mine, shiny xhaust and darker wheels

my favourite combo by far.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its pretty basic in terms of the spec, other than xenons(standard in 99?) its got no nav/tv , blinds, double glazing, folding seats etc.
its been fitted with dension gateway and ipod so that takes care of decent music and a bury bluetooth iphone4 dock so that takes care of voice. i am about to have a tow bar manufactured for it as we tow a kart trailer once or twice a week and roof bars of ebay for top box and karting gear, so it really will be a do everthing car. that sad i already have an e320 cdi merc estate that takes care of most of those roles and is bloody fast in a straight line for what it is, but its not an M5

Like many the E39 was a dream car for me and I very nearly bought one about 10 years ago for top money, the fact they can be bought now for between £6 - £10k is just awesome. I even tested an ok one locally with refurbed wheels in silverstone which needed a clutch doing and he offered it to me at £4k in the end!!! total bargain, i was tempted to buy it for parts for this one cheers

·
Registered
803 Posts
its pretty basic in terms of the spec, other than xenons(standard in 99?) its got no nav/tv , blinds, double glazing, folding seats etc.
its been fitted with dension gateway and ipod so that takes care of decent music and a bury bluetooth iphone4 dock so that takes care of voice. i am about to have a tow bar manufactured for it as we tow a kart trailer once or twice a week and roof bars of ebay for top box and karting gear, so it really will be a do everthing car. that sad i already have an e320 cdi merc estate that takes care of most of those roles and is bloody fast in a straight line for what it is, but its not an M5

Like many the E39 was a dream car for me and I very nearly bought one about 10 years ago for top money, the fact they can be bought now for between £6 - £10k is just awesome. I even tested an ok one locally with refurbed wheels in silverstone which needed a clutch doing and he offered it to me at £4k in the end!!! total bargain, i was tempted to buy it for parts for this one cheers

I believe the xenons came into play in 2001. Same with the bigger navigation screen. Dont quote me on that though. I have a 2001 and dont have the rear shades either (blinds).. Maybe its an additional option? Idk..

But congrats on picking up that beast, do enjoy lots of miles on it buddy!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Nice Car, Nice colour, welcome aboard! Sounds like the owner before took care of everything in terms of replacing parts for your favour :)

FYI, Xenons have been basic spec since the beginning.

Cheers,

SodeM5

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Woohoo another silverstone found it's way to the board.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's looking a bit too silverstone at the moment compared to the rest of the car, will post some pics when the paint has been flatted and the whole car mopped and cut back. Cheers Also got an srs light when we took the door card off

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Silverstone is the best colour of course, and the fastest :)

Being a 99er, you'll likely have xenons but not the angel eyes. The extras you mention you're missing are fairly unusual, I think bar the blinds, several owners have those.

Waiting to see it once it's been valeted to perfection :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts