BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Just thought I'd introduce myself. Just picked up my beast yesterday, and pretty excited about it. I already had a 2011 335i, but the E39 always had a special place in my heart. I just needed to own one. Here are the stats:

2002 M5
-72,000 km's (~45,000 miles)
-black on black
-fully optioned (m-audio, seat heaters, power shades, PDC, butt massager)

Not sure how rare it is, but I dont think I have seen the butt massager option on too many other vehicles. It kind of moves one cheek then another over a long trip to prevent your back from getting sore.

Everything feels pretty tight on the car, it only has one previous owner who was an older gentleman, and while it seems well take care of, I have a different set of standards. Just spent 3 hours steam cleaning and vacuuming all carpets. Plenty more to do to bring this beast up to perfect condition.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,952 Posts
Hey Guys,

Just thought I'd introduce myself. Just picked up my beast yesterday, and pretty excited about it. I already had a 2011 335i, but the E39 always had a special place in my heart. I just needed to own one. Here are the stats:

2002 M5
-72,000 km's (~45,000 miles)
-black on black
-fully optioned (m-audio, seat heaters, power shades, PDC, butt massager)

Not sure how rare it is, but I dont think I have seen the butt massager option on too many other vehicles. It kind of moves one cheek then another over a long trip to prevent your back from getting sore.

Everything feels pretty tight on the car, it only has one previous owner who was an older gentleman, and while it seems well take care of, I have a different set of standards. Just spent 3 hours steam cleaning and vacuuming all carpets. Plenty more to do to bring this beast up to perfect condition.
Congrats!! :applause:

You must have the articulated seats, not available in the U.S M5. We get the sport seats. I believe your "comfort" seats were available in the 5 and 7 series. Supposedly some of the most comfortable seats ever made.

We believe in pictures, so interior photos are mandatory!!!!:7:

Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
Looks like a great pickup there! Car looks very clean and is obviously in good hands! Congrats!

I want an alternating butt cheek massage!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats!! :applause:

We believe in pictures, so interior photos are mandatory!!!!:7:

Regards,
Jerry
For your viewing pleasure, I present thee with pictures. And yes, you are totally correct. These seats are amazing. Way better than the m sport seats in my 335i.

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
Man, those seats look like living room recliners. So comfy looking!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The nice thing about the seats is that they have a dual adjustable recline feature. They recline at the base of the back, as well as adjusting the recline of your shoulders halfway up the back. Nice to really dial in the setup that fits you.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
Congrats! Comfort seats on an M5 are definitely rare in North America as only those in Canada were able to order them.

P.S. Nice time machine with the OE BMW phone!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts