BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sold my modified Audi B5 S4 a couple weeks ago in preparation to get my new car:

2002 Carbon Black M5
78k miles, DSP, rear fold, no PDC, no shades

It is rainy in Boston (yes, still), so no chance to really play. Great shape, and definitely a keeper :)

Things I need help with... will search, but if you have answers, please post 'em:
* nicer floor mats (like, maybe with some sort of logo)
* fix ash tray in center console (won't close)
* need to get rid of the new crap riken raptor rear tires (burnout time!)
* MKIV upgrade, or a least new CDs for the MKIII (or aftermarket)
* cup holders -- both are busted
* big time detail
* cf wrap interior trim

Here is a terrible picture of the unclean beast. Glad to be aboard, finally.

·
Registered
12,769 Posts
Sold my modified Audi B5 S4 a couple weeks ago in preparation to get my new car:

2002 Carbon Black M5
78k miles, DSP, rear fold, no PDC, no shades

It is rainy in Boston (yes, still), so no chance to really play. Great shape, and definitely a keeper :)

Things I need help with... will search, but if you have answers, please post 'em:
* nicer floor mats (like, maybe with some sort of logo) M5 Mats have an M5 logo and they are nice. Try BMW Wheels : New and Used Factory BMW Wheels and Floor Mats, they are a dealer and I think a full set of floor mats is something around $100.
* fix ash tray in center console (won't close) Post a pic maybe someone can tell what is wrong.
* need to get rid of the new crap riken raptor rear tires (burnout time!)
* MKIV upgrade, or a least new CDs for the MKIII (or aftermarket) If you need a CD for Mk III, shoot me a PM.
* cup holders -- both are busted Yeah, they are lousy. Factory replacements on ebay, around $35. Search for TEC and Ultimate cupholders, two favorites of many board members * big time detail
* cf wrap interior trim One of the board members (razahyde?) just did it and I believe he is providing it to board members. You will have to a search on that one.
Here is a terrible picture of the unclean beast. Glad to be aboard, finally. Welcome aboard!

Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
The ash tray may be as simple as pushing the removable container back into place properly so that the lid can close.
If the cupholders stayed closed away in the console then leave them there, if they don't close away, delete them or replace them. In either case, if you want good cupholders do as Jerry suggests re TEC.
Mk4 Nav upgrade is worth it for DVD nav, less disks, and faster functionality of navigation, along with other audio upgrades.
Have fun with your beast.
Most questions have been asked before and answered thoughtfully on this board, so have fun reading.
Scott

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The ash tray may be as simple as pushing the removable container back into place properly so that the lid can close.
If the cupholders stayed closed away in the console then leave them there, if they don't close away, delete them or replace them. In either case, if you want good cupholders do as Jerry suggests re TEC.
Mk4 Nav upgrade is worth it for DVD nav, less disks, and faster functionality of navigation, along with other audio upgrades.
Have fun with your beast.
Most questions have been asked before and answered thoughtfully on this board, so have fun reading.
Scott
The container is stuffed back in its place (and even removed), and it still does not close. It swings fully shut, but doesn't "engage" and flops back open. Annoying, especially since I don't ever plan on having that thing open. I'd be content with a "always shut" pseudo-fix.

The cupholders, unfortunately, are busted and stuck *open*. Unsightly. I will replace I guess. Easy to get it in and out of there?

Actually, up first are coolant flush and fill, brake fluid flush and fill, and oil change. I like to start "fresh" in my records.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
* M5 Mats have an M5 logo and they are nice. Try BMW Wheels : New and Used Factory BMW Wheels and Floor Mats, they are a dealer and I think a full set of floor mats is something around $100.
* Post a pic maybe someone can tell what is wrong.
* If you need a CD for Mk III, shoot me a PM.
* Factory replacements on ebay, around $35. Search for TEC and Ultimate cupholders, two favorites of many board members
* One of the board members (razahyde?) just did it and I believe he is providing it to board members. You will have to a search on that one.
Jerry,

Thanks for the input.
* I ordered the mats. EDIT: These mats are not OEM, and I want the //M5 logo... looking for used sets now!
* PM sent on Mk III CD
* Is this the cupholder? BMW Genuine E39 Front Cup Holder 525i 528i 530i 540i M5:eBay Motors (item 350229909148 end time Jul-28-09 15:14:55 PDT) and RealOEM.com BMW E39 M5 INSTRUMENT PANEL OF CENTER CONSOLE
* PM sent and quoted for raza and the CF wrap :)

Also, can someone tell me what is supposed to be in the toolkit?

·
Registered
12,769 Posts
Jerry,

Thanks for the input.
* I ordered the mats. EDIT: These mats are not OEM, and I want the //M5 logo... looking for used sets now!
* PM sent on Mk III CD
* Is this the cupholder? BMW Genuine E39 Front Cup Holder 525i 528i 530i 540i M5:eBay Motors (item 350229909148 end time Jul-28-09 15:14:55 PDT) and RealOEM.com BMW E39 M5 INSTRUMENT PANEL OF CENTER CONSOLE
* PM sent and quoted for raza and the CF wrap :)

Also, can someone tell me what is supposed to be in the toolkit?

Here is a link to the embroidered mats:

BMW Wheels, New and Used Factory BMW Wheels | BMW Floormats

The cupholder on ebay looks correct (although a bit pricey), it fits all E39. With the holders open, you can see the two screws that hold it in.

Tool kit will not have the warning triangle, will not have jack or lug nut wrench (from memory). As you might suspect, this has been addressed. Do a search or check the FAQ at the top of each page. It has a ton of info.

Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
118 Posts
So you did get a car. Glad to hear it. Of course even though mine is a 2000 is has the bits you are looking for. Haven't sold the car yet which by the way is to bay for an Audi B6 S4 avant. Kind of funny as you sold an Audi to get your M5. By the way you can also find
oem m5 mats on ebay from seller unitedbwmroswell. They are a dealer and have the set of 4 mats for $112. I received an oem trunk liner
from them. If I do sell the car I will set aside the Mark IV and brakes for you.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So you did get a car. Glad to hear it. Of course even though mine is a 2000 is has the bits you are looking for. Haven't sold the car yet which by the way is to bay for an Audi B6 S4 avant. Kind of funny as you sold an Audi to get your M5. By the way you can also find
oem m5 mats on ebay from seller unitedbwmroswell. They are a dealer and have the set of 4 mats for $112. I received an oem trunk liner
from them. If I do sell the car I will set aside the Mark IV and brakes for you.
NIce. B6 S4 Avant is a great car. Head on over to quattroworld.com for forums, if you haven't already. Good bunch of folks. I picked up most of the parts I needed fixed and replaced, so the beast is doing pretty well. Just need to install the ZHP knob and E60 short shift kit someday, then I'll be done until next summer. Winter tires are here, and ready to go on stock rims.

LMK about the brakes and such.

·
Registered
3 Posts
E39 M5 Floor mats with M5 logo - UK

Hi all, I am new to this forum and an M5 virgin. Got mine yesterday (2002 LeMans Blue, Black Lthr) - love it.

I am looking for some black E39 M5 floor mats with the M5 logo. My local dealers do not appear to have it (Midlands) where can I get some from in the UK?

Rgds,
Smilee

1 - 17 of 17 Posts