BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was getting a SES light about once a week, only code being the evaporative purge valve. I would reset it and continue driving. I bought the part but had not gotten around to installing it, as the procedure is a minor PITA.

About a month ago I drove to pick someone up and turned off the ignition while I waited. When I went to start the car 20 minutes later, I got lots of clicks and flashing dash lights, but no starter action. No biggie, battery was over 7 years old.

I replaced the battery, with a a 12 volt charger attached to the battery cables while the car was battery-less. When I started the car the radio code was still good, but the date/time/mileage settings on the video screen all were lost and had to be reset.

The good news is that in the last month and 1000 miles, the SES light has never come on. Any theories?

Steve
00 M5

·
Registered
593 Posts
Don't have any theories for you, but I can relate. I had been getting the same evap. purge valve SES light every week(the only code) for a few months untill I left my ignition on for hours while the shop was installing my mags. Needless to say, I needed a new battery. After the battery install, I haven't gotten the SES light E-8. That was 3,000 miles ago. I am not complaining. I just hope my SES light still works:3:.

Vic

1 - 2 of 2 Posts