BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the 545i...its terrificially fast but it suffers mixed performance and doesnt live up to the price and so it becomes what lerner describes as "the good, the bad and the ugly."

the e500..."is certainly one of the elite, its solid, planted and poised" [and handles better too than the bmw]

Automobile May 2005

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
And your point is....?

·
Registered
127 Posts
:hihi:

Morten vs. Peter 1-0.

:byee55amg

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
EKAN said:
:hihi:

Morten vs. Peter 1-0.

:byee55amg
Actually my real name is Gustav (hello board leader hiha ), Morten's my dad :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nothing, just sharing some info in found in my recent automobile magazine. for instance some other info was a short review on the new 7 series, "more power, less ugly."

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Peter B said:
nothing, just sharing some info in found in my recent automobile magazine. for instance some other info was a short review on the new 7 series, "more power, less ugly."
Well, posting that a Mercedes got a better review than a BMW on a BMW board.. I indeed find it very pointless. Almost like you are looking for a fight, but guess what, you are not getting one :blabla: . We are senseble people, eh, right guys? ?????? :hihihi:

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have driven both, and I find it hard to believe that people who enjoy driving cars would choose the MB over the BMW.

For me the problem lies in all the drive by wire crap in the brakes and the total lack of feel in the steering. I never felt like I knew exactly how the car was going to react in a given situation. The ride was soft and smooth. The seat warmers were fantastically warm, and the stereo was very good. But there were 10000 buttons on the dash, which drove me bonkers, and I didn't really like the way the car rode at speed (nervous).

If you are looking for the most confortable coddling luxo barge, the e-class is your winner. If you enjoy driving dynamics, I recommend you look elsewhere.

·
Registered
955 Posts
makes me wonder why you are here on this board.

to me it seems like you are on a mission, trying to convert all the M5board members to AMG lovers. but very close minded, doesn't understand the difference between M5 and E55, and what makes M5 a good car.

not that i am not welcome you on this board. but i feel you are just on here trying to cause confliction everywhere.

·
Registered
127 Posts
not that i am not welcome you on this board. but i feel you are just on here trying to cause confliction everywhere.[/QUOTE]

Agree. This is also an M5 forum, so I suggest someone delete this thread.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im just trying to see what works. whats the point of everyone siiting around believing only what those people want to believe??? so will i only be taken credible if i buy a new m5? or is the fact that ive owned an m3 make me better? trying to have honest give and take got me bashed and insulted so im not trying to have give and take anymore, just posting information, pro or con, and well see who the open minded amoung us are....so far, only 1 post of an honest assessment which would run counter to my beliefs but my reply is simply, thank you. see, no fight.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Peter B said:
im just trying to see what works. whats the point of everyone siiting around believing only what those people want to believe??? so will i only be taken credible if i buy a new m5? or is the fact that ive owned an m3 make me better? trying to have honest give and take got me bashed and insulted so im not trying to have give and take anymore, just posting information, pro or con, and well see who the open minded amoung us are....so far, only 1 post of an honest assessment which would run counter to my beliefs but my reply is simply, thank you. see, no fight.
i don't see anyone tries to bash your or flame you.
i apologize if what i said was a bit too hash.

i think most members on M5board are pretty open minded. but what kind of response do you expect if you just post what you posted without evaluating the matter a bit further?

and besides, why do you think the reason you get the type of responses you are getting is becasue you don't have M5 but have an E55 AMG? most people don't know, since you didn't have a sig about it. and it's not like everyone else here have a M5 of some sort anyway. think about it.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
MortenDK said:
Well, posting that a Mercedes got a better review than a BMW on a BMW board.. I indeed find it very pointless. Almost like you are looking for a fight, but guess what, you are not getting one :blabla: . We are senseble people, eh, right guys? ?????? :hihihi:
Hi!
Well, I for one am interested in all kinds of reports about BMW and how they are doing compared to other cars.
So, posting a report over a test where BMW loses is totally interesting(and it says nowhere that only posts where BMW wins are allowed).So thanks for the info.
But, This is a M5 board, and now that the M5 is on the market, posts about other models should go to some other board/section. Also the fact that Peter doesn`t comment the result and his take on it seems a bit pointless.
The magazine seems to have quite a negative ground attitude towards the newer BMWs (this is quite obvious out of the titles/quotes presented). :byee55amg

:M5launch: :cheers:
Sakke

·
Registered
455 Posts
Peter B said:
What's the legal driving age in 'mason neck, va' ?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
DrSakke said:
Hi!
Well, I for one am interested in all kinds of reports about BMW and how they are doing compared to other cars.
So, posting a report over a test where BMW loses is totally interesting(and it says nowhere that only posts where BMW wins are allowed).So thanks for the info.
But, This is a M5 board, and now that the M5 is on the market, posts about other models should go to some other board/section. Also the fact that Peter doesn`t comment the result and his take on it seems a bit pointless.
The magazine seems to have quite a negative ground attitude towards the newer BMWs (this is quite obvious out of the titles/quotes presented). :byee55amg

:M5launch: :cheers:
Sakke
like i said before your post if you read it, I DONT ENGAGE IN GIVE AND TAKE ANYMORE, i was bashed for it so now ill just post information. its amazing to see where some of you go to when simple information is presented. the quotes presented were the conclusions. and what is all of the :byee55amg for???

the legal driving age is 18 in mason neck, va.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
tifosi said:
and besides, why do you think the reason you get the type of responses you are getting is becasue you don't have M5 but have an E55 AMG? most people don't know, since you didn't have a sig about it. and it's not like everyone else here have a M5 of some sort anyway. think about it.
Have to agree.

And

Far from all M5board members have a M-car. It's not the car which makes you more welcome, it's your enthusiasm (hope I spelt that right :rolleyes: ). The response you get on your posts Peter B is what your posts are worth.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Peter B said:
like i said before your post if you read it, I DONT ENGAGE IN GIVE AND TAKE ANYMORE, i was bashed for it so now ill just post information. its amazing to see where some of you go to when simple information is presented. the quotes presented were the conclusions. and what is all of the :byee55amg for???

the legal driving age is 18 in mason neck, va.
Well I did read your post(or the quotes out of the magazine) wery well. I doubt that you read or understood mine, though. I did NOT bash you in any way, on the contrary I was positive on gaining info of a test I have not read.
The fact that I commented Your lack off personal reflections and such in your original post(still don`t find`em....and I read your first post again), and that this thread maybe should have been posted elsewhere(still don`t see M5 in the article, or how it concerns M5-this is where you`re personal comments could have made a difference) can`t be regarded as harsh criticism or "bashing" or give and take.

This post can maybe be taken as such (be my guest)

My comment on the magazine bias was solely based on the short quotes you provided, that is all the material I have. The fact that there isn`t a sentence without a reference on their subjective wiew on looks makes me think that they are slightly unhappy with BMW as it is now generally. I could be wrong in my interpretation.

:byebye: ( with no amg in it, so that juvenile spectators won`t get the hiccups) :1:

:noSMG:
Sakke

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i thought it a tiny bit relevent since it is the new 5 body. if it is not worth commenting on then maybe one shouldnt if it is irrelevent.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Personally, I think the basic information itself (i.e. that there was a comparo involving the 5 series) is useful and interesting even if slightly off M5 topic, and I appreciate posts that alert me to such articles.

However, the way in which you framed the information does make it seem as if your post was intended as a taunt. The highly selective choice of quotes only magnifies this impression. That you posted information and nothing else isn't really a defense. By that argument, there would be nothing inflammatory about submitting a post on MBWorld.org that contains nothing but quotes from various magazine reviews over the years criticising the E-class handling in comparison to 5-series handling.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
WannaM5 said:
Personally, I think the basic information itself (i.e. that there was a comparo involving the 5 series) is useful and interesting even if slightly off M5 topic, and I appreciate posts that alert me to such articles.

However, the way in which you framed the information does make it seem as if your post was intended as a taunt. The highly selective choice of quotes only magnifies this impression. That you posted information and nothing else isn't really a defense. By that argument, there would be nothing inflammatory about submitting a post on MBWorld.org that contains nothing but quotes from various magazine reviews over the years criticising the E-class handling in comparison to 5-series handling.
on mbworld at least, those are welcome as i have over 500 posts there and there isnt this kind of bashing there. the quotes given are the summation given by the magazine exactly as written, in quotes.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Peter B said:
on mbworld at least, those are welcome as i have over 500 posts there and there isnt this kind of bashing there. the quotes given are the summation given by the magazine exactly as written, in quotes.
Admin!

Could someone please remove this useless thread since it does not lead anywhere.

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts