BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Anyone heard what sort of engine is going into the 1 Series from Alpina? The near 400hp supercharged R6 engine seems like it might be overkill.

·
Administrator
8,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Andm99 said:
Anyone heard what sort of engine is going into the 1 Series from Alpina? The near 400hp supercharged R6 engine seems like it might be overkill.
Alpina haven't announced any plans with the 1-series...they have a policy of only going for BMW chassis they like...that's why there are no Z3, X3 or X5 Alpina variants. We'll have to wait and see.

·
Registered
86 Posts
kees said:
Alpina haven't announced any plans with the 1-series...they have a policy of only going for BMW chassis they like...that's why there are no Z3, X3 or X5 Alpina variants. We'll have to wait and see.
Interesting. I wasn't sure how they chose which model as fitting for the Alpina badge. To me, it makes sense that we would see an 1 Series based Alpina as a sort of "throwback" to the days of the Alpina 1600s and 2002s that started the Alpina introduced themselves with.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
I agree, I think Alpina NEED to produce aequivalent 2002tii/e21 variant based on the 1. I am sure it would boost their sales figures.

·
Administrator
8,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Andy G said:
I agree, I think Alpina NEED to produce aequivalent 2002tii/e21 variant based on the 1. I am sure it would boost their sales figures.
Alpina don't need to boost their sales figures - they have a self-imposed production limit of 500-600 vehicles each year.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
I appreciate that Kees, I read somewhere on here that they have had to put some of their staff on half days? Is this because they are exceeding their quota's?

Personally I would go for a series 1 Alpina. I'm not a big fan of the new range of BMW cars, 3,5, 6 at a pinch, I like the 7 (B7) and the 1 doesn't look too bad, but a B1(?) would be fab. However the price no doubt would preclude me from going any further.

Must admit, the new styling regime leaves me somewhat cold.

·
Administrator
8,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Andy G said:
I appreciate that Kees, I read somewhere on here that they have had to put some of their staff on half days? Is this because they are exceeding their quota's?[/url]

It's because the production of the E60 5-series and E63 6-series Alpina models haven't started up yet and not many E46 B3's are being sold because of the upcoming E90. As Burkard stated it's a once-in-7-years type thing.

Personally I would go for a series 1 Alpina. I'm not a big fan of the new range of BMW cars, 3,5, 6 at a pinch, I like the 7 (B7) and the 1 doesn't look too bad, but a B1(?) would be fab. However the price no doubt would preclude me from going any further. Must admit, the new styling regime leaves me somewhat cold.[/QUOTE] I think an Alpina 1-series would be very interesting however the price would probably be horrendeous...

·
Registered
296 Posts
kees said:
Alpina don't need to boost their sales figures - they have a self-imposed production limit of 500-600 vehicles each year.
I understand that may eventually change when the old man leaves us, and the son takes over...

·
Banned
664 Posts
I wouldn't hold your breath - there was speculation about an ALPINA mini but that was ruled out on a price basis - They couldn't do it cheap enough. I'd guess the same would apply to the 1-Series.

Real pity they didn't do the mini - personally not too fussed about no ALPINA 1-series !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts