BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got home from work today and there was a box waiting for me on my porch...my new AgencyPower catted headers. When I opened the box, I could swear I heard the heavens part and the angels sing. What can I say? The craftsmanship is impeccable!!! Took some pics for my mod file folder and compared it to my stockies since I had the RD Sport headers installed. I have my appt. this coming monday to get them installed. Can't wait!

Here are some pics for your viewing pleasure...

Attachments

Reactions: Vividracing

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is that catted or "de"catted?

They are catted (with cats) and look like a 3rd of the length of the OEM cats, comparing the chamber size.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One of the reasons why I opted for these is because it has a provision for all 4 O2 sensors, an O2 sensor bung fore and aft of the cats on each bank, which will help me avoid the CEL issue. Essentially a plug and play application. I have the CEL right now with the RD Sport headers because the RDs only have a provision for 1 O2 sensor on each bank. That leaves 2 extra O2 sensors unused/unplugged. I didn't get the RD Sport ECU tune to modify the O2 sensor calibrations and avoid the CEL because I already have the Dinan Stage 3 tune. I was going to get the Dinan software patch for the CEL in case of installing headers with 2 less O2 bungs, but at the end, I knew I was going to get Agency headers anyway so I didn't get the patch.

I'm going through all this to ultimately find that right exhaust note I've been wanting for the car. I've already gone through several exhaust set ups (E-race, Meisters, RD Sports) and haven't found quite the sound I want. But I'm closer to my search though. Right now, the car has the RD Sport headers, stock sections 1 & 2 and Dinan cans. I'm really liking the sound but still too wimpy for my taste. So next step is to swap out the headers and see if I'm that closer to the sound I want. Ultimately, I'll put in the Dinan mid pipes, that will help me get the scary roar I want, plus I can modulate it with their optional resonators that come in 3 sizes. Also, right at the location where you can change out the mid pipes, I can also opt to get aftermarket cats in place of the resonators when smog time comes around. This way, I will still have the 4 cats in place, albeit less restrictive, for smogging and swap back the straigh resonator pipes easily without disturbing the rest of the exhaust. All this effort...I hope it pays off.

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Actually, all after market headers have provision for O2 sensors. My Evosport headers do not have cats, but have four O2 sensor bungs.

Nice manifolds bro!

·
Company Representative for Vivid Racing
877 Posts
You'll love those headers!!! :flag:

Looking forward to hear some clips on your new exhaust set up :byebye:

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Billy. I appreciate the fast shipping and attention from Vivid.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice headers! Are you going to sell your old ones?
I sold the RD Sport headers along with the full RD Sport exhaust. The OEM headers I was just gonna keep in a box and store them. I did see a post on the For Sale thread about your friend looking for a set to do some prototyping. I could be interested in that.

Reactions: gasterus

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Wow those look great. Where you getting them installed?

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Actually, all after market headers have provision for O2 sensors. My Evosport headers do not have cats, but have four O2 sensor bungs.

Nice manifolds bro!
Thanks for the complement Ahmed. Strangely enough, the RD Sport headers only have 2 provisions, 1 on each side, not 4. I'll find a pic of them and post it soon.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow those look great. Where you getting them installed?
At Bullet Performance in Costa Mesa, they are a Dinan Certified dealer and they're 5 min. away from work.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
how much?? i want...

You can buy them directly from Agency Power out of Arizona or Vivid Racing, just google them. Its $3k for the set, and $1400 for the install, give or take a few hours labor.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I sold the RD Sport headers along with the full RD Sport exhaust. The OEM headers I was just gonna keep in a box and store them. I did see a post on the For Sale thread about your friend looking for a set to do some prototyping. I could be interested in that.
I would really like to get my hands on the factory headers Jed. LMK

·
Registered
550 Posts
One of the reasons why I opted for these is because it has a provision for all 4 O2 sensors, an O2 sensor bung fore and aft of the cats on each bank, which will help me avoid the CEL issue. Essentially a plug and play application. I have the CEL right now with the RD Sport headers because the RDs only have a provision for 1 O2 sensor on each bank. That leaves 2 extra O2 sensors unused/unplugged. I didn't get the RD Sport ECU tune to modify the O2 sensor calibrations and avoid the CEL because I already have the Dinan Stage 3 tune. I was going to get the Dinan software patch for the CEL in case of installing headers with 2 less O2 bungs, but at the end, I knew I was going to get Agency headers anyway so I didn't get the patch.
Does anyone make o2 simulators for our cars? I used to use them on my 2001 Camaro Z28 race car....it was a simple plug and play which made the car think there were o2 sensors plugged in. I think they cost around $60 back then.

They literally looked like this:

·
Registered
932 Posts
Does anyone make o2 simulators for our cars? I used to use them on my 2001 Camaro Z28 race car....it was a simple plug and play which made the car think there were o2 sensors plugged in. I think they cost around $60 back then.

They literally looked like this:

Nope, and our cars are smart enough that i haven't heard of anyone tricking the CEL from headers except with software which will instantly fail you in most places now for having 2 sensors set to "not ready".

1 - 20 of 56 Posts