BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought i'd share a new member to my fleet....

I've been talking about getting an E46 M3 for a while to replace my E36 M3 and now i have finally taken the plunge.

The car is a 2002 with a FDSH and only 33k on the clock. It is in Bluewater metallic and has an individual white gold interior, the car is immaculate!! It has a reasonably high kit count with the TV and Sat Nav, heated memory seats with adjustable side sqabs, Harman Kardon, tyre pressue warning system, electric rear blind and electric rear windows.

I'll take some better photos when the car is clean - today was about getting FUG cleaned and stored away for winter.

Jon

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm loving the fleet Jon, they're all beautiful, and that e34 is looking amazing!
How does the e46 compare in terms of performance to the old e36?

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm loving the fleet Jon, they're all beautiful, and that e34 is looking amazing!
How does the e46 compare in terms of performance to the old e36?
Thanks.

In a straight line the e46 is alot faster than the 3.0l e36 but on the road, especially in winter conditions theres not much in it (plus i'm not familiar with the e46 as yet). The e46 is simply a much nicer place to be, its tied together much better and has a much more solid feel to it.

The e34 needs a front end re-spray (in the new year) and some detailing but other than that she is destined to be my garage queen forever, wheeled out on high days and holidays.

I got the e46 cleaned today so thought i'd attach a few more pics.

Enjoy.

Jon

Attachments

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Congrats on the new steed Jon, new daily??

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congrats on the new steed Jon, new daily??
This will indeed be my daily steed.

I find myself looking back at it in the work car park as i walk in, much in the same way i would if i'd taken the E34 in.

Can't wait for the weather to allow some proper tests of what she can do.

·
Registered
47 Posts
This is a great looking M3. You will love it. I still remember the times when I had mine, and even though e34 M5 is a great machine, I think I enjoyed e46 M3 a bit more. Have fun in it.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nice stable of cars

What ??

the E36 S50B32 is almost brake-even vs E39 M5
286bhp vs 343 bhp says it all really. The difference in weight is reasonably insignificant.

Like i said in normal road driving there is little in it - in a straight drag the real difference is easily seen from about 2nd gear onwards.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
A very nice car Jon.

We scanned the ads for a while until this bad boy was spotted. We both knew then, that this was the car and i'm happy the sale went thru.

Its certainly a very well cared for car, not a scuff or mark anywhere, no blanking plates either! :noSMG:

Happy days!

:wroom:

Steve

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It should be pointed out that Steve found this one for me - i did more or less know there and then it would be the one.

The 'Bakers' can strongly recommend the Hall Car Sourcing Agency!!!:goldcup:

A very nice car Jon.

We scanned the ads for a while until this bad boy was spotted. We both knew then, that this was the car and i'm happy the sale went thru.

Its certainly a very well cared for car, not a scuff or mark anywhere, no blanking plates either! :noSMG:

Happy days!

:wroom:

Steve

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
December definitely seems to be the month that
we chaps buy new vehicles...

i've just aquired an E46-5 as a daily runabout.
It doesn't have an S-motor up front but that didn't stop
it going sideways at the first roundabout.

Nice car Mr Baker.

;)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Jon,

It looks fantastic - I will look out for you driving around Herts in it. Am thinking of taking the plunge on an E46 M3 so would be interested in your feedback on the car.

Cheers

TrickyTrev

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'll keep you posted as and when i get the time and weather to give the car some beans!!

So far on the limited mileage i've done in her all is good.

Just avolid the 19's!!!

Jon

1 - 17 of 17 Posts