BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
picked up this bad boy cause they had special deals on them. fully loaded, bose audio, power seats/trunk, moonroof, leather, 4X4 and 5.3L vortec engine! as you can see, next to my M5 and my wife's GS 430, this thing is a monster!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I bet there are special deals. I think pickups and SUVs are going to get a lot more popular in the Middle East with the cost of gas there. People in so cal are getting rid of there SUVs at an amazing rate. I guess $4.00 a gallon gas will do that.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
I have an Avalanche and it makes the M5 look small. Got a great deal on it in December...... My Avalanche gets better gas mileage than the M5. 13.9 v. 10.9 MPG, go figure.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
enjoy in good health...

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
What is the perception of US cars in the middle east, in regards to quality and status?

·
Registered
682 Posts
My other car is an Escalade ESV so I can relate. It still gets better gas mileage than my M5 (14.5 vs. 13.5) and it uses regular unleaded!

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I love your carport, looks like the Hollywood Bowl or something with the arched roof.

Had a 2001 Chevy Tahoe with the 5.3L Vortec, my buddy and I dropped a Whipple Twin Screw Supercharger on it, and it was a blast. It's still being driven around today, and was always reliable. Some interior squeaks though after a couple years...But otherwise solid.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I love your carport, looks like the Hollywood Bowl or something with the arched roof.

Had a 2001 Chevy Tahoe with the 5.3L Vortec, my buddy and I dropped a Whipple Twin Screw Supercharger on it, and it was a blast. It's still being driven around today, and was always reliable. Some interior squeaks though after a couple years...But otherwise solid.

Okay, if we're going to go down the reliability road, I've got a 1996 Tahoe with the 5.7L vortec that I upgraded with the diesel torsion bars in front and added a leaf to the springs in the back. I've had it since it was new. It's got about 145k miles on it now and since day 1 I've been using it as a plow truck (own apartment buildings), jet ski hauler, and utility vehicle. If our cars didn't already have the title, this vehicle would be named the beast.

I hope you enjoy yours as much as I have mine, kaninja. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
General Motors thanks you!
That is hilarious... !!

And, as others have said, they tend to be more fuel efficient than the M cars. My old Suburban averaged 18mpg on the open road, loaded to the roof. Whereas my E60 (when I had her) struggled to get low teens and the Porsche gets me 14mpg in town.. go figure.

Enjoy !!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts