BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. I was on 280 South on my way to the Stanford Golf Course to hit some balls when i saw, IN THE FLESH, the new 996TT. REAL DEAL! no mod job, it was LEGIT. the spoiler was raised in the new way, etc. it was this UGLY green and the WHOLE interior was caramel. the driver pretended he didn't see me (cmon, even if he does kcik my ***, would be fun ;) ), and then was nodding his head tomusic at a piddly 75.

THAT CAR IS BUTT UGLY JUST LIKE THE REST OF THE 996's!

Precisly why I didn't hold out. That and porsche is the cheapest company i can think of. you have to pay for everything.

--Dan

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Dan I can agree with you that the 996 Turbo isn't the nicest car in the world. The 993 Turbo was in my point of view MUCH nicer in terms of design. But aerodynamics is the rule to follow. Look at the F355. I say it is much more beautiful than the F360. Anyone agrees?

But you shouldn't underestimate Porsche 911 Turbo of the late nineties and 2000. On Autobahn those 993 Turbo where the absolute kings. No one was able to catch up with them. Guess how it is with the 996 Turbo...

The new 996 Turbo is the fastest production car to date at Nurburgring. And in a recent top speed test in Germany it did 311 km/h if I can recall correct. Porsche states 305 km/h. So this is a really fast car. And with carbon brakes, it is close to unbeatable.

The 996 Turbo for fun, the M5 for everyday. Then life shouldn't be so hard...

The 996 Turbo comes standard with full leather interiour. But I agree, the options are expensive!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I have to agree - I think it's great that Porsche allows you such customization of their vehicles, but I have seen thier options prices and my jaw dropped...and I thought BMW was bad!

Ahhhh well, different strokes for different folks...

-Chris

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You know, I LOVE the 993TT. I think it's the most advanced porsche ever (save the 959 when that was out). WOW. but somehow im disappointed with the 996TT. I dunno.

--Dan

·
Registered
306 Posts
Was lucky enough to be in the 996TT, the owner driver traded in the 993TT for the 996TT. Not a significant difference in performance, but torque does seem to appear even earlier.

Car seems slightly larger than previous model, biggest advantage of the ceramic brakes is their non-fade low maintenance nature, although tires usually get into heat cycles losing their traction before brakes start to fade.

Everyone agrees Porche is making a killing having these suckers going for those options.

Point A to Point B, no production car beats the Porche turbo.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Saw a navy blue 996TT two weeks ago already, driven by a high school/college frosh kid no older than 20 with his late teen girlfriend. That really bugs me when it's 3:00am already in the morning and I'm still working my butt off.

If I believe in reincarnation, I might as well bite a silver spoon and kill myself now!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
EVO Magazine did a 993TT v 996TT comparison and found that the turbos on the 993 kicked in earlier and 993 was able to pull away. The comparison overall sounded similar to that between E34 M5 v E39 M5 in that the 993 was sportier and a bit more of a handful to drive whereas the 996 was more sophisticated, more comfortable and easier to drive fast.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
The first 996TT in VanCity was delivered last week - apparently to the local president of Seagate Software. Silver. Very cool. I still prefer the 993...

Alps

1 - 8 of 8 Posts