BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
i don't like any of the spyshots for the 6 that i have seen as of yet...and the CGi's from autobild are usually accurate...they were with the 5 series...so if the 6 will look like that...man...it will be time to do something about bangle...

·
Registered
911 Posts
I saw the Audi at the Geneva Auto show and apart from the headlights, the car looks pretty good. But still, regardless of what I said before about the 6 it's likely I'll end up getting the M6....:eek:

After all, it's a BMW! ;)

POW!

ALX

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
MEnthusiast

You are a nice guy. I like reading what you say. However, you seem to like all of these new designs. On that matter, my opinion is different. I really don't like what I am seeing. The Z4 front grill is ugly, you know my opinion on the 7, and I really am not impressed with the new E60 5 series. Anyway, I hope the E60 M5 is good.

I like Mercedes designs, but a lot of what is being designed in the automotive world is really ugly. It seems like this is an era where ugly and odd looking is in. I especially hate most all SUV or cross-over vehicles.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Re: MEnthusiast

HBRAMSTEDT said:

I like Mercedes designs
I love some of the MB design... but the new E-class, will look old in a matter of days. Really. I think we will get tired of it's looks very soon... Hope the AMG version will do better than stock E.

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
Re: MEnthusiast

HBRAMSTEDT said:
You are a nice guy. I like reading what you say. However, you seem to like all of these new designs. On that matter, my opinion is different. I really don't like what I am seeing. The Z4 front grill is ugly, you know my opinion on the 7, and I really am not impressed with the new E60 5 series. Anyway, I hope the E60 M5 is good.

I like Mercedes designs, but a lot of what is being designed in the automotive world is really ugly. It seems like this is an era where ugly and odd looking is in. I especially hate most all SUV or cross-over vehicles.
thanks for the kind words. Likewise I often find your comments insightful. I think unfortunately Im not as "hard" in my opinion on new vehicles- I often find that after some time I discover that my inintial impression was wrong. I know that this is becomming true for the Z4. I like most of the 7 save the idrive and the rear end- which looks too tall when viewed straight on. I think the new 5 will be just fine. On the topic of the other makes, I was just not impressed with the way they drove, and I think my comfort/ preference with the way BMWs drive "colors" my opinion on their look. But strictly on looks, the S and SL class are beautiful. The new A8 is very handsome. I think if they build the Pikes Peak it would do great and I really like the look. Looks very much like an Audi version of a FX45- which I like 95% of (the rear dipsy doodle in the middle under the rear window I dont like at all). The new E is very nice- I especially like the rear end. The front- unfortunately reminds me too much of Will Smith's ears (sorry Will, Im a fan you know). Because of the MIB II promotion, I see how those front headlights kind of point outward and from there I make the association.

I agree there is a new wave of auto design and its kind of like when everyone was making "bubble" or "egg" shaped cars. I think we are at the beginning of this new look and therefore the designs may not be perfect. Like everything else there is a learning curve. I am also convinced that the designs that make one more passionate about them tend to come from before designs were constrained by committes, computers and aerodynamics. Hence why I have a passion for the Z8. I also think this is why we like the new MB and Audi designs so much. They are an evolution of what they were doing for a while- so they took what we liked and made it better. But at some point they cannot evolve it any more- or at least thats what they would say. I think thats why we now see a "new grill for Audi" as on the Pikes Peak and we'll see a new styling dynamic for MB too. I expect that BMW will really get it right in the next go round when theyve been able to evolve this new crop- which (even with the criticism) has many positives.

But progress must go forth and I love the new technology (most of it). So for me at least its a battle between knowing how good the current and past cars are and appreciating the new things. Sometimes I :crying: and sometimes I say grrrrrrr and sometimes I think they really got it :thumbsup: . one thing will trump all others though, so long as BMW makes the next M5/6 the kinggf of the road, as the E39 is, all will be right with the world :byebye:

21 - 28 of 28 Posts