BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Interesting, who makes them and how much were they? They actually mount into the black plastic trim like the OEM rings do?

Wish the E39 AE headlights came apart like my E46 M3 ones did. No glue or nothing, just rubber gasket, so easier to retrofit in CCFL's. I'm just not willing to take apart my brand new euro AE's after doing it to my oem US ones. Too worried they won't seal properly.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
baldy_bonce said:
Nice pics Was, have you had the check control for lights come up since fitment due to different resistance of CCFL ballast?
Nice pics was, at least she's clean now :)

I've got the 1st gen ccfl's fitted, which when switched on, tend to take a few seconds to power up, this can lead to onboard computer telling me to "check park lights".

When I fitted Was's, the new style invertors in the 2nd gen kit are better and power up the ccfl rings immediately, no delay in lighting etc.

The lights can be re-sealed quite easily, the sealant used to hold the windscreen/rear window inplace is the same stuff used to seal the lights. Any hi-temp proof silcone sealant should do the trick.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tim W said:
Spill the beans man..........Where did you get them.
Bought them from www.ssdd-motorsport.com based in UK.

Just mention Was or whizzkid11 from EvoTechnik.

Fitting wise - once you have heated the sealant off the headlights its a 5 min job to swap... open the headlights can take about 50mins each depending on the heat from your hairdryer.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Looks great! I don' know why this post got moved, its useful stuff!

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Whizzkid11, looks great indeed, but how exactly did you disassemble the lense? I assume the hair drier approach didn't work and you had to use the oven (or perhaps industrial heat gun)?

I tried installing mine this weekend, but couldn't get the lense off and didn't want to push it too much. I just paid top dollar for the Euro AYs (clear corners), so a bit risk averse to try and go to the max.

So I will be selling my set unfortunately...it is still brand new and unopened, it just kills me.... Anyione interested can PM me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.