1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
195 Posts
i want one bad.. wonder if anyone is making copies yet?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Why copy ?
I just ordered also, less than $ 50.00 US for East Coast & Canada

Thanks for the Original Post !

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have an 06. Does the 2011 disc look any different, or is it just updated roads and stuff?
well if you have a 2009 or older navteq maps will look bit updated with pu-dto-date roads, POIs etc. it also has the speed camera and police trap features that they describe on thier site and has been discussed.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I just got mine in today's mail.

Question ?

Is the Speed Trap / Camera information "automatic" or do you have to "turn it on sonehow" ???

Went by two known speed traps tonight, 1 with a cop (Thank you V1 again) and one without

No information on map display. I am thinking you have to turn it on or play with a setting??

Any help is appreciated

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
60 Posts
Never Mind, I think I just found the answer i the FAQ section:

How do I use the Speed Camera feature?
The Speed Camera feature is searchable like any other point of interest (POI) category. In you vehicle's navigation system, under INFORMATION, select CAR AND TRAVEL, then select RED LIGHT AND SPEED CAMERAS and press Search. The locations of Red Light and Speed Cameras are displayed on the navigation screen. To view the Red Light and Speed Camera locations on the map as icons, return to the MAP VIEW. See the Red Light and Speed Cameras in action

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
for CIC cars with the hard drive, you have to purchase the license from BMW NA and then they will have the dealer directly upload the maps to your car. I think its like $400-500 for this service right now. But who knows, maybe updates will be like $150 like the DVD based cars eventually. BMW and TeleAtlas did this to prevent copying of the DVDs.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
for CIC cars with the hard drive, you have to purchase the license from BMW NA and then they will have the dealer directly upload the maps to your car. I think its like $400-500 for this service right now. But who knows, maybe updates will be like $150 like the DVD based cars eventually. BMW and TeleAtlas did this to prevent copying of the DVDs.
The graphics of the HD-based cars is really nice. Too bad map upgrades are so costly. :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts