BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just wanted to say hello after lurking here for so long. This site is brilliant and a wealth of information for any perspective owner. I have had the car for about two months now and coming from a e92 m3 I would not go back. One thing I do think that needs to be addressed is body roll as its a little excessive in my opinion. I have already carried out the muffler delete and couldn't be happier, this in my opinion transforms the driving experience completely. There has also been an order placed with evolve for their tubular headers and stage 3 tune which should spice things up a little. If any feels like giving me their review of the tubular headers and tune I'd love to hear from you.

Regards

Andy

·
Registered
278 Posts
Hi Andy!
This is interesting as I was considering an e92 M3 DCT alongside the e61 M5, I just found the M3 spec to be a bit hit and miss, with the 5 you get so much more as standard.
:cheers:

·
Registered
152 Posts
'Ello govna.
He's a bit far north for that cockney nonsense ;-)

Eh'oop lad or even nah then would have been a more appropriate piss-take of the english accent, we don't all wear bowler hats and have tea with the Queen :)

Welcome and congrats on the purchase buddy, report back after your headers are on. Any plans for an Etronic exhaust while you're at it?

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Alright lad. Welcome to the tribe, any pics.... We like pics here.
I'm from Huddersfield originally.

·
Registered
IB DinanS2++ e60m5 6MT, Dogleg s38b38 e28m5 TT/ST3, e30 TT/ST4
6,394 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the v10 club!

If you're looking to eliminate much of the body roll, take a look at RDSport F/R sway bars.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
'Ello govna.
Hi mate this is a bit too far down south for my east yorkshire accent haha.

Hi Andy!
This is interesting as I was considering an e92 M3 DCT alongside the e61 M5, I just found the M3 spec to be a bit hit and miss, with the 5 you get so much more as standard.
:cheers:
The e92 was an amazing car but as you say the spec is quite basic unless specced up. The extra litre and two cylinders also make a huge difference. Over 6k revs it just isn't as brutal as the s85. I can't even imagine what stage 3 will feel like.

He's a bit far north for that cockney nonsense

Eh'oop lad or even nah then would have been a more appropriate piss-take of the english accent, we don't all wear bowler hats and have tea with the Queen :)

Welcome and congrats on the purchase buddy, report back after your headers are on. Any plans for an Etronic exhaust while you're at it?
Cheers mate headers are on back order until September unfortunately so ill wait until there on and decide how much the volume needs to be turned down. I'll write up a quick thread when there installed, I can't wait.

Alright lad. Welcome to the tribe, any pics.... We like pics here.
I'm from Huddersfield originally.
Thank-you very much I have a few pics but my phone won't upload for some reason. I'll keep trying.

Congrats and welcome to the v10 club!

If you're looking to eliminate much of the body roll, take a look at RDSport F/R sway bars.
I have been doing some reading on the sway bars and I think this is the direction I'm going to go along with springs as the ride height could do with been dropped slightly in my opinion maybe with a 10mm square spacer set up just to finish off. I like to keep it looking quite oem with a bit of aggression.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts