BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving a Ferrari 360 and grew tired of all the attention the car got on a daily basis so I was looking for something I could drive without people taking pictures, video, etc everyday. I found an 06 Silver with 2 tone black and bone leather interior. It has all the options except HUD which was not a big issue for me.

First impressions of the car is that in a straight line, it is faster than the Ferrari was and the handling was way better than I expected out of a 4000 lb 4 door sedan. I am very happy with the car and am planning to do the ECU and SMG reprogram along with a pulley. I am getting about 16MPG which is better than I expected. The car burns oil at about 1 quart every 1500 miles. Overall I am very happy and will enjoy driving the car for a year or so.

Here are a few pics from the dealership I took when I picked it up.

Rob

Attachments

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Congratulations on the purchase. Thank you for commenting on the HUD...I think it's nice to have but in no way was it a deal breaker for me.

RE: the SMG...try the reset if you haven't already - get up to about 50 mph, put in N, then pull back both paddles at the same time for about 5 seconds...this might help if you're experiencing some rough shifts. Even as piece of mind, do it so that the car can re-adapt to your driving style.

Also have NO idea how you're getting 16 mpg...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Congrats on the car. My mileage is all related to the roads. Around town I get about 11 and on pure highway I get about 17. When I play it's 10. Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
195 Posts
with everything good and not gunning the car you should be able to pull any where from 16-19 mpgs on the highway. City is 11-13mpgs for me. When i play with it i make sure i dun get over 7-8 mpgs.. lol...
Enjoy the beauty. Tell you a lil story;
This past weekend i went on a run with all sorts of exotics and just about everyone got pulled over (bout a 100 cars) lol cops shut the highway down out here in LONg island NY. I along with a very few ctsv's were able to trick them. They thought we were grandmas driving regular e60s and didn't bother pulling us over... EPIC. "although i was spankin ferrari's and lambos around all along"

·
Registered
146 Posts
Nice car. I mainly do city driving and am currently at 12mpg and with $4 bucks a gallon is not helping things with summer coming - M Mode....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am 90% highway driving. Does it affect the mileage if the car is in Power mode but driving the same as you would in regular mode?

·
Registered
314 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the board.
You have my favorite color combo btw.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts