BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm happy to report that I just drove my new M5, dealer let me take it on the Meadowbrook before my delivery , probably this Saturday.
I must say I was impressed with the power, My previous car was a BMW 540 Sport, m3,Carrera2. This car feels stronger, didn,t want to push past 4500rpms , engine had only 6 miles . I like the new headlights, interior grey dials, rearlights. The color is Carbon/caramel. I couldn't tell for sure but it sure look like real leather on my dashboard , will let you know later. Good luck to all.

------------------

·
Registered
77 Posts
Congratulations! I know my car is now somewhere in California between Oxnard and LA. It is getting harder to wait as the pickup time nears...

Mark

·
Registered
417 Posts
Mark,
Did your car arrive in the states at SC or CA? I think you said it arrived on the 10th...so did mine...so I must assume my car is already in Texas or about to be
. Didn't it kind kind of sneak up on you a little sooner than you thought? I've been waiting almost 15 months so I'm kind of numb to the wait, but now it's a matter of days and I feel that renewed sense of anticipation.

-Shawn

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi Shawn,

Yes, I am letting myself get more excited about it now that I know that the dealer will call me to pick it up any day now. Work (lots of it) and family (a recent second child) have kept me distracted, but since I have known when it will arrive, it has been hard to keep my mind off of it.

I really only consider this the second "toy" I have bought as an adult. (I am soon turning 45.) My first toy was a Yamaha YZF-R1 which I bought a couple of years ago, and unfortunately, totaled less than a year ago.

My car arrived at Port Hueneme, CA (near Oxnard in Ventura county, a couple of hours north of LA) on the 9th, a day early! It should be out of the VPC and to the dealer by this weekend.

My car wound up being on a different ship. I seem to remember that you said yours was on the Otello which, when I looked it up, did not continue on to the West Coast. Mine was on the Takasago. Hopefully they remembered to take it off since the next stop for this ship is Yokohama, Japan on the 23rd!

I hope you get your car soon. We'll have to compare notes.

Mark

·
Registered
417 Posts
Sorry to hear about the bike, hope you didn't get hurt.

-Shawn

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
MES,

I am (Oxford) green with envy...

Mine is coming sometime in December, and I can't imagine how pre occupy I would be the last few days of waiting... It has been many many years since I remember being so excited about a car (Im 47)...

I am going to take my digital Camera with me, when I go to teh dealer to pick up the car..

Could you take some (very closeup) picture of the new features of the car...

A.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Shawn,

I REALLY miss the bike. Talk about acceleration. It is quite a thrill going 0-60 in less than three seconds! I have always had fast sport bikes (and dirt bikes when I was younger) so it is a bit difficult being bike-less at the moment.

I did get pretty banged up and about half of me was one big very black & blue bruise for a couple of months, but nothing broken and no permanent damage. It looks like I haven't gotten all that brittle yet.

I have gone down on bikes a number of times (particularly before I turned 25), but they have always been "low sides" where I would loose traction or dig something into the road that would lift the rear wheel off and out due to going into a corner too hot.

This was a "high side" which is the equivelent of rolling a car. You get it out of shape, often start to catch it, but you are so far around when you catch the traction on the wheels again, it just launches you straight into the ground pivoting over the wheels. I didn't even slide more that a foot or two. Much more force of impact and much more dangerous than a "low side".

I still love bikes and I will buy another one, but I can't justify it now. With my job and young children, I had barely put any miles on the bike. I also do a lot of track events with the BMWCCA (with my Supra up until now), which is the only hobby I really have time for at the moment.

To the cool Venture Capitalist (VC?),

I will try to take some pictures and post them. I have a great 35mm camera that I have not yet wanted to part with, but not a digital camera. When I was shopping two years ago, they just weren't there yet. I'll see what I can do about borrowing one.

Mark

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Mark,

35mm will give you better pictures anyway.. Get the film develop in a Kodak lab, and you'll have an option to get a Photo CD with the pix on (ready to post).. In our area wallgreen dragstore does that.

A.

Originally posted by MES:

To the cool Venture Capitalist (VC?),

I will try to take some pictures and post them. I have a great 35mm camera that I have not yet wanted to part with, but not a digital camera. When I was shopping two years ago, they just weren't there yet. I'll see what I can do about borrowing one.

Mark

1 - 9 of 9 Posts