BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Been a member for nearly 4 years and I haven't posted any pictures of my car and its rival sibling? Wow. Well today I have time to finally upload pictures that I took about a month ago I believe. The pictures aren't that great but at least they show my 2 cars that are the best of both worlds. :) :M5launch::M5rev:

One is an 06 BMW M5 Sapphire Black on Black interior and the other is a silver 03 SL55 AMG with silver aluminum interior. :D Both cars are bone stock and I've had them since they first came out...

Attachments

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the comments! Honestly I really can't choose. Both are different in the way they drive. The M5 being the sedan with racecar attributes and the SL being a great torquey roadster cruiser.

The M5 obviously is way more involving and requires you to push the heck out of it to accelerate while the SL takes almost no effort to accelerate. I really like both otherwise I wouldn't keep them :)

·
Registered
407 Posts
Haha, interesting connection we have.. I used to live in Fort Lee, NJ and had a silver '03 SL 500. I also have a '06 black 5-series

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Which one is the faster one, nice car by the way.
Take a guess on which would be faster. :7: Honestly I haven't ran them both side by side hahah!

But the SL definitely "feels" faster down low due to the torque. However I would obviously assume that the M5's top end gearing and power would enable it to pull ahead at triple digit speeds no problem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts