BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gentlemen,

Its been a long time since I first asked myself why there aren't any Imola red e60 m5s around in the USA. Since,
I have aspired to be the first to perform a vinyl wrap in a color most matched to-- what is in my opinion-- the most beautiful color ever produced by BMW.

That being said, last week, I contacted Orafol Specialty Films and asked them to get me a match to Imola red in their latest vinyl Oracal 970RA. I ordered it and the car (black sapphire) currently resides at Film-Dynamics in Scottsdale for the wrap.

As well I have opted for darker tint which includes tint on the windshield to protect me and the interior from the AZ heat, black kidney grilles and side vents, and also very very slightly tinted clear bra over the headlights and taillights to set off the red and protect against sun damage.

So excited.

I am aware that on M5 Board, the go-to reply is "Pics or it didn't happen" or in this case, "Pics or it isn't happening". Taking that into consideration I have decided to post a SNEAK PEEK of the wrap which should be done by Friday.

This is the only picture I have today but there will be to come as the project progresses.

Tell me what you all think! :cheers:

- Holden

Attachments

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Beautiful color! Hate to break it to you though but someone else beat you to the color.

This is my friend Calton's car (member C's Bimmer) from NY.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Not to say you shouldn't do it. I LOVE that color. Had thought about doing red myself a while back but never pulled the trigger.

Member Umichchris also did a similar red wrap from Oracal. Forgot the exact color code.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Beautiful color! Hate to break it to you though but someone else beat you to the color.

This is my friend Calton's car (member C's Bimmer) from NY.
Thanks T. I'll post some updated pix of the Imola Red M5 shortly -- this isn't the best pic. The best part about this wrap is that everyone is convinced it's paint -- that's how good the job is. 7 years later and I love my car all over again. It definitely turns heads!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Gentlemen,

Its been a long time since I first asked myself why there aren't any Imola red e60 m5s around in the USA. Since,
I have aspired to be the first to perform a vinyl wrap in a color most matched to-- what is in my opinion-- the most beautiful color ever produced by BMW.

That being said, last week, I contacted Orafol Specialty Films and asked them to get me a match to Imola red in their latest vinyl Oracal 970RA. I ordered it and the car (black sapphire) currently resides at Film-Dynamics in Scottsdale for the wrap.

As well I have opted for darker tint which includes tint on the windshield to protect me and the interior from the AZ heat, black kidney grilles and side vents, and also very very slightly tinted clear bra over the headlights and taillights to set off the red and protect against sun damage.

So excited.

I am aware that on M5 Board, the go-to reply is "Pics or it didn't happen" or in this case, "Pics or it isn't happening". Taking that into consideration I have decided to post a SNEAK PEEK of the wrap which should be done by Friday.

This is the only picture I have today but there will be to come as the project progresses.

Tell me what you all think! :cheers:

- Holden
Do it Holden. I did Imola Red on my E60 M5 a few weeks ago while I was in Germany picking up my new M and I have to tell you that it's the best choice of all the mods I've ever made (and I've done A LOT over the years). You won't regret it. It's going to be a tough choice this summer on which M I'll want to take out of the garage for my weekend drives, as nothing compares to the old V10...and the Imola Red! Enjoy and can't wait to see pix! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Do it Holden. I did Imola Red on my E60 M5 a few weeks ago while I was in Germany picking up my new M and I have to tell you that it's the best choice of all the mods I've ever made (and I've done A LOT over the years). You won't regret it. It's going to be a tough choice this summer on which M I'll want to take out of the garage for my weekend drives, as nothing compares to the old V10...and the Imola Red! Enjoy and can't wait to see pix! :thumbsup:
You poor bastid!

·
Registered
326 Posts
M5

Thanks T. I'll post some updated pix of the Imola Red M5 shortly -- this isn't the best pic. The best part about this wrap is that everyone is convinced it's paint -- that's how good the job is. 7 years later and I love my car all over again. It definitely turns heads!
I seen your imola red m5 at the Rallye motorsports show 2014...was amazed by it and seriously couldn't tell it was wrapped. My m5 was on the other side...didn't get to to talk to u but maybe next time.

Reactions: C's Bimmer

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update:

Front quarter panel and kidney and side grille pictures were sent to me this morning!

Attachments

·
Registered
13,470 Posts
Nice color but thread needs a new title like "Another Imola red wrap" :7:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Love the color!!! Can't wait to see it all done.

·
Registered
400 Posts
C's Bimmer's M5. Beautiful color. My friend walked by it and was shocked that it's a wrap. Lol

Attachments

·
Registered
476 Posts
C's Bimmer's M5. Beautiful color. My friend walked by it and was shocked that it's a wrap. Lol
Great shot of my Imola Red M5 DK! It's going to look even better with my new wheels and new Stoptech Trophy brakes. Will post a new thread of my Imola Red M5 once all that work is done. I should have you take the pix! Lol!

·
Registered
476 Posts

·
Registered
13,470 Posts
1 - 20 of 86 Posts