BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a lemanse blue m5 with caramel interior and extended leather , wood grain trim . i am thinking on changing it , painting , wrapping...
options:
1.carbon fiber wrap (kinda suspicious how it will look like with so many colors : blue , black leather on dash , caramel)
2.matte black wrap or paint
3.switch to other solid bmw nonwood color (silver gray) trim

also will it look ok to have black mats instead of caramel with caramel carpet? i like it ...
would like to hear other opinions or suggestions.

·
Registered
911 Posts
i have a lemanse blue m5 with caramel interior and extended leather , wood grain trim . i am thinking on changing it , painting , wrapping...
options:
1.carbon fiber wrap (kinda suspicious how it will look like with so many colors : blue , black leather on dash , caramel)
2.matte black wrap or paint
3.switch to other solid bmw nonwood color (silver gray) trim

also will it look ok to have black mats instead of caramel with caramel carpet? i like it ...
would like to hear other opinions or suggestions.
Hi, i order some samples from carbonfibergear (black, silver, light pewder)

First i was going with gloss black tape, but after i taped my small interior trim piece with silver i dont have to think again what tape i use :)

Silver 3D

here is colors: 3M Carbon Fiber DI-NOC Now Available In 7 Different Colors | Carbon Fiber Film

edit: i have full leather dashboard and black leather interior.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am sure silver looks cool. but only if i had one color ...not 2:)
i have around 100sq ft of carbon fiber laying around ...still hesistating if this is right. i will put pic later of my interior

·
Registered
911 Posts
i am sure silver looks cool. but only if i had one color ...not 2:)
i have around 100sq ft of carbon fiber laying around ...still hesistating if this is right. i will put pic later of my interior
True! In my interior black is too mutch need some contrast :)

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
There a few pics on the forum of carbon fiber wrapped trim in caramel interior. In fact I have that in my caramel, was that way when I bought it, and I like the contrast. Search the site a bit and you'll see some pics of the different application people used one member painted the interior trim to match their external vehicle color, very sharp too.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Here's what I did. I bought a second set of trim and had it painted carbon black (which is my car color) to replace the wood trim. I also as you mentioned got some black floor mats to replace the caramel mats. Looks much better imo. You can see both in this pic...

Attachments

·
Registered
291 Posts
Pavron, I may be interested in your car if your are looking to sell. Please shoot me a email at [email protected] as I can't PM yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts