BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

So after a 5 month wait for my car to be shipped all the way around the world, it finally arrived this week. Today they called me to see them open my container and for me to see my car. Car is good just 2 tiny scratches on the two right wheels, and a small scratch behind the right side rear door. I had to get my car out, and when I got in the lights would turn on but won't start! So i though maybe if jump start the car it would, and sure did it turned on with a very very rough idle for about 3 seconds and turned off. Any idea whats wrong with the car?
Thanks guys

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
dealer time.....

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
I highly suggest you take it to the dealer! Perhaps no big deal, but for such a long period the battery disconnected, they probably need to perform a self teach programming again. Don't worry, no reflash required.

But first try this:

Disconnect the battery for 15 mins. Reconnect, then lock the car using the remote and keep pressing lock for about 30 seconds. Let it rest for 5 mintues, unlock and crank her up!

Reactions: moe b

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Ahmed, I was planning on taking to the dealer for check up anyways, but wished to drive it there rather than tow it. Will try it out tomorrow!

Reactions: Ahmed

·
Registered
275 Posts
Another thing

In addition to Ahmed suggestion, you might try charging the battery overnight. Sometimes jumpers cables create too much voltage drop and it could be as the car was starting the voltage dropped too low resulting in some of the sensors not reporting correctly, which would cause the computer to have a problem. This happened to me before with a Z06 I had. Tried to jump start it and it ran like s**t and wouldn't idle and was surging etc... couldn't even drive it. I charged the battery overnight and it started perfectly the next morning. I had to replace the battery as it wouldn't hold a charge very long.

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Got to see this princess at the dealer today. She looked gorgeous even on a flat bed!

Reactions: moe b

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Hello thank you guys, and thank you Ahmed for your help. Picked up the beast this morning and drove it home. Man do I miss its LOUD cold starts!! the moment they fired her up I can feel the showroom floor vibrating with peoples heads moving left and right thinking its a earthquake or something :grinyes:. The car however idles rough and I keep hearing some knocking noises while im driving around 15-25 miles any idea what that would be? is it the vanos?

·
Registered
759 Posts
moe glad she is running now.. the knock most probably due to our petrol and the tune you have. i hope they didn't re flash it in the dealer though

1 - 11 of 11 Posts