BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after a bad night (or honestly ****ty ref, no calls for apparent tripping/pushing to the back, hands...) @ soccer and being cut off on the way home, apparently I "pressed" the horn a bit too hard last night. Just noticed on the way home, there is a "dent" in the emblem. Just pry it off and replace with same size as wheels? It's bugging the crap out of my now since I saw it!

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
Hahahahahahahaha............may i suggest, "anger management classes" ???

·
Registered
212 Posts
depending on how sharp the dent impression is, you might try a suction cup or pen1$ pump.
Mwahahaha... great suggestion!

·
Registered
907 Posts
Go to page 13 of that other thread....easy fix. (From that thread)

"Just to let everyone know that this roundel from ebay turned out great! IK definitely recommend it for those with dented/worn steering wheel roundels."

Quote:
Originally Posted by iansjames View Post
I just ordered a stock-looking roundel to go over my dented one from an ebay seller:

I'll post pics once installed to let you all know how the quality and fitment is.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Hahahahahahahaha............may i suggest, "anger management classes" ???
Tired it, didnt help hiha

Went to BMW today to get a new tire put on (other was lost 8-9psi over night). EasyCare doesn't cover valve stems...$11.xx bill. EVEN THOGUH I have the 5yr tire/rim protection plan on top of my EasyCare Total plan. My adviser said, oh maybe next time we should use that plan...I was thinking wtf..I told you I had both plans...no biggie for $11.xx, but it's the point.

So I spoke to my adviser....$800.00 to get the steering wheel emblem replaced. Air bag not faulty, but that whole trim piece needs to be replaced...I call :bullshit:. I'll be buying a new roundel for it. Now im curious on how to properly remove the OEM one and not damage that trim piece nor if it's actually touching the air bag and/or any other pieces..

Side note: I asked about them offering "coding" for flip up mirrors, rain detect for sunroof, auto up windows...Yes, they offer it. Charge is billed hourly. I questioned to one of the Tech if they would use NCS Expert (to gain alittle :ninja: info), and he said he never heard of it. Made reference to something like ICANN or something. so this is good news maybe for others wanting the coding mod done if they cant find a semi-local coder.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts