BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story, won't go into details but need 2 rear tyres for the Bi-turbo MOT and Micheldever are out of stock of Goodyear F1's in 265x40 17 !!!!

They quoted me £303 all up, but without the tyres in stock that's not much help. The tyres have been on back order since before Christmas and could be months away from a delivery.

Anyone know of a tyre dealer in the South East who might have a couple at a decent price?

Dave.

·
Registered
76 Posts
what? no Pilot Sports!

ds

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
london said:
what? no Pilot Sports!

ds
D - Good to hear from you! Pilot Sports might be an option if I had your kind of cash..... Goodyear's are my preferred all rounders - great in the wet, middle of the pile in the dry.

As it's you I'll explain the story.... Car goes in for MOT and fails on slight blow in rear exhaust box and sticky rear seatbelt clip - get 14 day window for free re-test.

I send the car to my favourite servicing establishment for an Inspection I along with instructions to carry out work required for MOT.

Time goes by and I need a new propshaft rubber coupling (Alpina only) which delays things and I miss the free re-test window. So, and only to save time, I ask the guys who still have the car if THEY can get it tested - sure no problem etc.

Guess what? It fails again but this time on Rear tyres and front discs!! Yes I did argue and scream but an MOT tester is the best definition of an English jobsworth there is, and they stand by their word. Tyres are, in my opinion legal, but I cannot force him to accept that, nor do I have the time to play Alpina when I should be working.....

ETC!

Cheers,

Dave.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
i will get you price and availibality on pilot sport and f1 tommorow watch this space but you will have to come to london for them.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
f1s in stock 250 for the pair no pilot sports but the price for them is about 160 each when in stock.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Dave,

got some e-mail info from fellow countryman of yours who reads the board but is not a registered user.

E-mail copy;

Northhants tyers fleet Hampshaire says

No problem,we do currently have sock available

265/14x17 Goodyear Eagle F1 130pounds+vat
Subject to being unsold-excludes carriage

Regards, John Pettifor([email protected])
tele +44 1252 613261

Kind regards,C-J

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Killer, Cor-Jan,

Many thanks for your help, it's very much appreciated but I gave the go ahead for the garage to source and fit before I read your mails :rolleyes:

Don't think I got a bad price though so I'm not too unhappy.

Next job is the brakes - have to get some discs. Wan't to move away from the stock cast iron caliper setup they get too hot and just cook the pads. Have been saying this for a while. Am trying to get some Stop-techs but they won't supply because the E34 is not part of their approved vehicle listing... Stop-tech's are fantastic quality and very good value at the moment with the dollar. Anyone know of a solution?

Dave.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
i have a solution for you better than stoptech ,pm me and i will fill you in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts