BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all...
I just need some reliable testing info, preferably from Autocar/TopGear for some cars.. making a comparison.. ALL help will be greatly appreciated!!
It really must be tested times!!

0-100 kp/h (62 mp/h)
0-160 kp/h (100 mp/h)
0-200 kp/h (125 mp/h)

0-400m (0-1/4 mile)
0-1000m

I need them for the following cars..

E60 M5, E 55, SL 55, Porsche (996) Turbo and GT3 RS, Ferarri Challenge Stradale, M3 CSL and Lamborghini Gallardo..

THANKYOU!!!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doppleganer said:
Been there.. there is no data for the M5 oe E 55, there data for the SL 55 is HOPELESSY inaccurate, and the Challenge Stradale info is so wrong its not even funny! The turbo and GT3 RS data is respectful but ALSO they DONT give the 0-400m and 0-1000m times????? ??????

·
Registered
369 Posts
greggb said:
Been there.. there is no data for the M5 oe E 55, there data for the SL 55 is HOPELESSY inaccurate, and the Challenge Stradale info is so wrong its not even funny! The turbo and GT3 RS data is respectful but ALSO they DONT give the 0-400m and 0-1000m times????? ??????
the given times are all 100% accurate. they are from a famous german car magazine.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
9852147 said:
the given times are all 100% accurate. they are from a famous german car magazine.
So if they are right then u telling me a SL 55 AMG does 0-100 kp/h in 4.3s?? And 0-200 kp/h in 13.8s?? And the same site says a Challenge Stradale does only 4.5s 0-100 kp/h and 0-200 kp/h in 15.5s...?? Which world are u living in ouich .. some of the numbers from that site are VERY VERY WRONG.. No way in hell would a SL ever whip a Challenge.. Most magazines test the Challenge at 4.0 or 4.1s... Hmm??

Please anybody with magazines at home or with reliable test times.. I need the ingo ASAP!!!

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Performance figures will vary with the driver, altitude, temperature, humidity, wind, track/road type/condition, fuel, and the variabilities of the particular car/engine.

After many tests you develop a consensus figure which is usually a mean/median of some of the fastest results. BMW publishes figures on the very conservative (slow) end of this distribution and thus the consensus figures will often be (signficantly) faster. It is still too soon for this to have happened with the M5 given the few numbers of extensive reviews and the pre-production status of the car.

Tom

·
Registered
383 Posts
greggb said:
So if they are right then u telling me a SL 55 AMG does 0-100 kp/h in 4.3s?? And 0-200 kp/h in 13.8s?? And the same site says a Challenge Stradale does only 4.5s 0-100 kp/h and 0-200 kp/h in 15.5s...?? Which world are u living in ouich .. some of the numbers from that site are VERY VERY WRONG.. No way in hell would a SL ever whip a Challenge.. Most magazines test the Challenge at 4.0 or 4.1s... Hmm??

Please anybody with magazines at home or with reliable test times.. I need the ingo ASAP!!!
These figures are correct for the SL55. MB released tweeked press cars for the launch, there is a famous piece on a group test from Evo, if I remember correctly. They went to one of the big proving grounds and the demo SL55 they were given blew everything away.

Figures are dependent on lots of factors and vary greatly. Take any car and test it in a very hot climate and a lesser car will be able to beat it in optimum conditions, look at the performance figures from south African mags to see the difference. I couldn't belive the differences quoted when I visited earlier this year.

IMO people get too hung up on numbers alone, yes there is a pub bragging thing, but hey go race anyone who says their car is faster if you want to prove a point. I feel the E39 M5 provided far more than the figures alone could ever portray and everyone I took for a serious drive would agree with me. All I can do is wait and and hope the new E60 M5 can provide me with the same feeling.

With regards to the other missing data, visit the sites for mags like Evo and Top Gear and you can usually get detailed reports from all the cars ever tested. Also I'm sure if you email one of the mags and request the data, butter them up saying how the mag is the only tester you trust etc etc and I'm sure they will help with missing data.

Sacha...

·
Registered
369 Posts
greggb said:

ams tested a sl55 at nardo and it was the fastest car from 0-300km/h.

car, 0-200, 0-300
F550; 14,6; 61,2
Murciélago; 11,4; 34,2
SL55; 13,7; 32,5
GT2; 13,1; 40,9

so these figures a absoluteley right!

btw i know, that i am living in the real world and what your a trying to tell me, makes me thinking, that your are a little dreamer...

and concerning the 360CS, the car is not as fast as you think. btw do you know that there is a difference between 0-60mph and 0-100km/h? Your postings sound like you don't know that. this difference causes about 0.2 - 0.3s.

and No way in hell a 360CS would ever go from 0-200km/h in less than 14s.

·
Registered
445 Posts
9852147 said:
ams tested a sl55 at nardo and it was the fastest car from 0-300km/h.

car, 0-200, 0-300
F550; 14,6; 61,2
Murciélago; 11,4; 34,2
SL55; 13,7; 32,5
GT2; 13,1; 40,9

so these figures a absoluteley right!

btw i know, that i am living in the real world and what your a trying to tell me, makes me thinking, that your are a little dreamer...
Read Homer UK's post for the story behind that test. Not to mention that AMG owners agree that the e55 is faster than the SL55 and the e55 is quick but not that quick.

·
Registered
445 Posts
bernhtp said:
BMW publishes figures on the very conservative (slow) end of this distribution and thus the consensus figures will often be (signficantly) faster.
Despite alot of people claiming that bmw are always conservative when quoting numbers, i think they are a good representation and my local mags seem to agree extremely well. Quite frankly i see alot of tests in various mags that are supposed to have a good reputation but the numbers they come up with often seem dubious. There are of course exceptions.

·
Registered
369 Posts
digger said:
Read Homer UK's post for the story behind that test. Not to mention that AMG owners agree that the e55 is faster than the SL55 and the e55 is quick but not that quick.
i know that the first sl55 press cars were a little bit too strong, but i read a lot reviews were the sl55 goes to 200km/h in 14-14,8s. that is not such a big difference to the 13,8s of the nardo test...

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
and concerning the 360CS, the car is not as fast as you think. btw do you know that there is a difference between 0-60mph and 0-100km/h? Your postings sound like you don't know that. this difference causes about 0.2 - 0.3s.

:confused: Well obviously you know NOTHING about a Challenge Stradale..
My friend owns one, aswell as a GT3 RS and a 911 Turbo..
So dont tell me I know nothing, Iv driven a CS, been driven in a CS.. and let me tell you its HELL fast.. if you knew your facts you'd know that it is as fast as an F40.. its been tested here in SA at 4.1 s 0-100 kp/h ( and yes I knkow the difference between 0-60 and 0-62, the question is do you??) and does the 1/4 mile ( yes, thats 400m incase you forgot) in 13.5 secs..
Most magazines say they prefer the CS to an Enzo because its more of a racer, with more feel and emotion.. and coz its STUFFING fast!!
It BLOWS the turbo to shreds!! :hihi:

·
Administrator
8,803 Posts
A more respectful attitude towards each other is called for or this thread will be closed.

Why are you asking for reliable accleration data for the 360CS when you have one at your disposal? :confused2

·
Registered
369 Posts
greggb said:

:confused: Well obviously you know NOTHING about a Challenge Stradale..
My friend owns one, aswell as a GT3 RS and a 911 Turbo..
So dont tell me I know nothing, Iv driven a CS, been driven in a CS.. and let me tell you its HELL fast.. if you knew your facts you'd know that it is as fast as an F40.. its been tested here in SA at 4.1 s 0-100 kp/h ( and yes I knkow the difference between 0-60 and 0-62, the question is do you??) and does the 1/4 mile ( yes, thats 400m incase you forgot) in 13.5 secs..
Most magazines say they prefer the CS to an Enzo because its more of a racer, with more feel and emotion.. and coz its STUFFING fast!!
It BLOWS the turbo to shreds!! :hihi:
kees is absolutely right. greg cool down. we are just discussing and not fighting. both of us are posting our impressions and opinions and not more. it is not war.

you said the cs takes the 1/4mile in 13.5secs? that is pretty slow i think cause i know the car is capable to take it in 12.4secs. so it should be even faster than you are thinking...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts