BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just bought a 2000 e39 M5, and i wanted to know what upgrades i should do to it!
I ordered the UUC SSK+DSSR. And im doing a resonator delete.
I want to put the widescreen.
And i just wanted to know if its worth putting the aFe CAI stage 2, shark injector, and the h&r springs.
Please let me know if its worth getting these upgrades, and what other upgrades i should do to it.

Thanks<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Congratulations ! You now have, arguably, the best 4 door saloon the world has ever seen.

But before mods, I would make sure the car is running 100 %. Is it ? What are the MAF test results ? Are you showing any fault codes ?

Good Luck

Reactions: nerio02

·
Registered
595 Posts
Hey guys I just bought a 2000 e39 M5, and i wanted to know what upgrades i should do to it!
I ordered the UUC SSK+DSSR. And im doing a resonator delete.
I want to put the widescreen.
And i just wanted to know if its worth putting the aFe CAI stage 2, shark injector, and the h&r springs.
Please let me know if its worth getting these upgrades, and what other upgrades i should do to it.

Thanks<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
Thats some garage your posting under your name?????

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya the car runs fine... I'm in the BMW parts business so thats not a problem for me... And for the garage if it's for me... Yes that's my garage

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
personnally i would not do one off the mods you mentioned..

shark injector.. rather go for a real chip then a pre made standard maping box type off thing.
not saying shark injector system is bad though ! i just would not do it myself.

aFe cai..doesn't do anything for the airflow/HPgain. our airboxes with the paper filters are still the best solutions FOR now that is..save your money on that,

H&R front springs..you only lower the front with those and i would rather go for a bilstein kit/KW kit or coilovers from a known brand instead.
there are other brand spring kits available that offer 4 springs instead of H&R fronts..

personal prefference ofcourse..

·
Registered
214 Posts
I agree with M5 London - step 1: Get it running correctly.

If it were me I would then

step 2: Buy another set of rear wheels and run them on the front. *new tires too if you can
step 3: Upgraded rear sway bar and mounts.

At this point you need to consider an upgrade path. You might start with a flash or go nuts with an ESS SC. I personally prefer upgrading suspension, brakes and improving the drivability of the car first, then going for power.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@nerio02 thank you, but I don't want to spend too much money on this car
@JTB that's true I appreciate the advice, I don't want to put a supercharger because I already have a fast car this will be like a daily driver, but the car runs perfect, For not I want to upgrade comfort,looks,sound, and electronics ex. Widescreen navi, mk4, dice iPod dock, etc...

·
Registered
595 Posts
@nerio02 thank you, but I don't want to spend too much money on this car
@JTB that's true I appreciate the advice, I don't want to put a supercharger because I already have a fast car this will be like a daily driver, but the car runs perfect, For not I want to upgrade comfort,looks,sound, and electronics ex. Widescreen navi, mk4, dice iPod dock, etc...
How about headers after getting the car running perfect??

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dont want to spend to much money on sound more of comfort and handeling. Tomorrow my UUC SSK+DSSR is coming, then im ordering Dinan strut brace. upgradeing to 16:9 widecsreeen+mk4 and dice ipod with dock. and later on Dinan CAI.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts