BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, ever since I got my upgraded throttle bodies and my cam and tune its been hard to hook on my car with these factory 5 spoke 19 inch wheels. I don't get how the hell and why the hell its so hard to put down around 495rwhp on this car ON pump gas. Once I put race gas and have my tune for a little over 500rwhp+ I have issues where hooking is impossible from a dead stop. So I finally realized I can go with a smaller wheel with the factory brakes I have.

I am looking to fit 315s in my rear but need more sidewall in order to hook better in combination with this. I was currently running 19 inch 35/305s Nittos NT05rs but the traction was terrible.

So here is my question all of the top of the stuff aside

I am looking for an 18inch x 11 or 18x12 wheels. The offset would need to be 25mm and hub center bore 72.6 this is the stuff my shop told me but when i went to go find wheels like this its close to impossible to find used ones. And when I went to pep boys and i gave them all this info they were looking at me like "wtf?" i don't know if i am using the right numbers to get the wheels i need. Are there any factory corvette wheels that match these specifications or any other kind of sports car that may have wheels like this? I only need them for drag racing purposes so whatever they look like i don't care as long as i can fit a fatter tire in the rear with an 18inch wheel as opposed to 19s. I don't even care if they are used just looking roughly in the right direction. I checked tire rack.com and they only give me 19+ wheel size options..

·
Registered
464 Posts
I found a set of Apex EC-7's that were used on an E90 M3. Front 18X10, 22 offset, Rear 18X11, 27 offset. I run Turner spacers - 17mm front to clear the strut and 20mm rear to match front stance. Beware that if you get it to hook hard, you're probably going to break something else in the driveline.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts