BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone comment on reliability of valeo or some other off-brand starter for our s85? wanted to ask before i bite the bullet and pay hundreds of dollars for a bmw starter.

going to be PIA taking down my supercharger plenum again.. and what's this talk about a starter bolt that needs to be undone from the bottom? if I need to pull the transmission, i wanted to do all recommended stuff for the smg reliability mod.... and few other things that i've been putting off... is there any way to check how much clutch is left when i'm doing this? thanks all!!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
got the valeo starter on amazon. will do the swap this weekend most likely! back in my back-up car acura... feels like an f'ing boat... more like a fully loaded aircraft carrier after the m5. to be fair, the acura's only problem after sitting for literally 2-3months was i had to prime the fuel for a few seconds. then started RIGHT up... even the battery wasn't drained!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Valeo is the OEM starter for the E60 M5

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ah excellent. good to know. somehow i thought it was bosch which i couldn't find. $170 on amazon for valeo starter straight from valeo! can't beat that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts