• Racing Dynamic

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, i want to install springs to lower my car but i am confused which brand should i buy. I am considering H&R, Eibach and RD. Please help me in deciding this mod :1zhelp:
Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
I beleive the Eibach are realy good and well priced, allot of ppl complain from the H&R springs saying the ride is too stiff. I use the hartge and could not have been any happier. they are really good

·
Registered
331 Posts
My favorite springs are by a new company called Search Feature. They contain the best attributes from all other springs! They are very easy to find if you look hard enough. Anyone else?

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Where would I find these "SEARCH" springs?

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I, in fact, have the "Search" springs!:M5thumbs: I am very happy with these puppies!:applause: Thank you to those advised me research the search!
:cheers:

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have Eibach on mine. The ride is good, you can hardly notice the difference from stock. The height is good enough but expect lower a further 3-5mm at the back from H&R.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
DAMN!!!! looks greatt!! btw, why do you need spacer since your wheels are stock? is it necessary for me to use spacer too??
I wanted to go for H&R, but i head many negative comments..
Whats the negative comments about H&R??
spacers are more for asthetics.... brings the wheels out more for a more aggressive look.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I had Dinan springs on my M5. They were great. Not quite as aggressive as H&R as I compared with other members here whom had H&R springs. I should pick up my M6 today with the Dinan springs. I am going to drive for a few weeks and then switch to Hartge to gauge the difference. I bought Cosmos' Hartge springs. So, I will provide a short write-up of my impressions in a month or so. But I couldn't have been happier with my Dinan springs. The ride was near-stock and the drop was nice-looking as well.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I see. So there are not going to have a problem without the spacer right? no rubbing or something?

Spacers are definately not necessary. Look at my pics tho, particularly the one from the rear driver quarter panel. The front tires come out perfectly to the front fenders. The first thing I noticed about the m5 and most bmw cars in general is that the wheels are sucked in a little towards the center of the car. The spacers just push the wheels out towards the fenders and quarter panels giving it a much more sporty and aggressive look. Actually if anything with spacers rubbing would be more likely under heavy load. I've done my research tho and it seems you can do 12mm spacers up front and 10mm spacers in the back, which are the ones I did, and you get no rubbing at all. I think EVOSPORT actually recommends the spacers with the h&r springs to bring the CAMBER back to where it needs to be, or as close as possible. As far as complaints about the H&R's I don't see why anyone would complain. If you wanna go lower your going to have to deal with a stiffer ride. Honestly I didn't think there was a noticable change in ride quality on the COMFORT setting, I usually ride in normal or sport mode anyways since I like to zip around town. I'm sure the ride quality might be MARGINALLY better with the Dinan springs but I don't believe they provide as much of a drop as the H&R springs. Lots of people think the H&R's provide the perfect drop, as you can see the front fenders follow the curve of the tire perfectly. It would just suck if you did a spring that didn't drop it as much as you would like because after that your pretty much stuck with those springs. Or your out about $800 after labor and springs if you decide to swap out springs a second time. I may be a little biased since I've come from a few corvettes and other sports car about ride quality. But these cars don't float over bumps like the 7 series bmws do anyways, because it's still meant to drive like a sports car.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Spacers are definately not necessary. Look at my pics tho, particularly the one from the rear driver quarter panel. The front tires come out perfectly to the front fenders. The first thing I noticed about the m5 and most bmw cars in general is that the wheels are sucked in a little towards the center of the car. The spacers just push the wheels out towards the fenders and quarter panels giving it a much more sporty and aggressive look. Actually if anything with spacers rubbing would be more likely under heavy load. I've done my research tho and it seems you can do 12mm spacers up front and 10mm spacers in the back, which are the ones I did, and you get no rubbing at all. I think EVOSPORT actually recommends the spacers with the h&r springs to bring the CAMBER back to where it needs to be, or as close as possible. As far as complaints about the H&R's I don't see why anyone would complain. If you wanna go lower your going to have to deal with a stiffer ride. Honestly I didn't think there was a noticable change in ride quality on the COMFORT setting, I usually ride in normal or sport mode anyways since I like to zip around town. I'm sure the ride quality might be MARGINALLY better with the Dinan springs but I don't believe they provide as much of a drop as the H&R springs. Lots of people think the H&R's provide the perfect drop, as you can see the front fenders follow the curve of the tire perfectly. It would just suck if you did a spring that didn't drop it as much as you would like because after that your pretty much stuck with those springs. Or your out about $800 after labor and springs if you decide to swap out springs a second time. I may be a little biased since I've come from a few corvettes and other sports car about ride quality. But these cars don't float over bumps like the 7 series bmws do anyways, because it's still meant to drive like a sports car.
Thanks a lot!!! i will definitely choose H&R. My previous M3 uses H&R too and i love so much about the stiffness. The drop is so perfect! I might think of spacers but i might not use it =p. Thanks so much for the info. :byee55amg

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
I had Dinan springs on my M5. They were great. Not quite as aggressive as H&R as I compared with other members here whom had H&R springs. I should pick up my M6 today with the Dinan springs. I am going to drive for a few weeks and then switch to Hartge to gauge the difference. I bought Cosmos' Hartge springs. So, I will provide a short write-up of my impressions in a month or so. But I couldn't have been happier with my Dinan springs. The ride was near-stock and the drop was nice-looking as well.
I'm looking forward to reading your review :M5thumbs:
Please measure the drop for both setups. Measure from the bottom of the rim to the fender, this eliminates tire pressure as a factor.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts