BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, yes I've searched. There is just too much info and too little time, so I'm asking for a concise answer from those who have been down this road.

I'm replacing my 2002 540iT's headlights because the mounting tabs got broken beyond repair. The light's are totally fine besides that. I want to switch over to clear corner markers while I'm replacing things too. What is the cheapest way to have OEM-quality lighting with clear side markers?

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
The cheap ones are halogen based, as opposed to xenon-based.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
^ How would headlight covers help with his broken tabs? ??????
Also... oem replacement headlight covers only work for pre 01 headlights anyways.

to OP - best is to go with oem hella. If your 02 540iT came with xenons, get the xenon version... if it came with halogen, you have a choice to buy the halogen or upgrade to xenons but will incur additional costs for ballasts etc.

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
get some headlight covers and save your money
-Please elaborate...

p.s. Thanks guys for the feedback on the other two. Sometimes it's easy to miss the obvious :dunno:

·
Registered
252 Posts
sorry my bad the other guy is right about how the headlight covers dont fit post 01 cars.

I wonder if you could just buy a set of aftermarket cheap headlights on Ebay and use the shells and body but just replace your OEM quality parts in it ?

Just a suggestion, after all you are looking at cutting cost. I mean all the other options will run you close to a $1000.

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
Earl,

Just give Eric (Supremepowerparts.com) a call and order the Euro lights and be done with it:cheers:

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Actually I just got done ordering them from Umnizta. Guess we'll see how it turns out :dunno:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts