BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Board,

After doing a pretty thorough search, I decided it IS mouse damage. I have a call into the dealership as I am sure it happened there. In the interim, does anyone have a picture of what the lights are supposed to look like if you are looking at them inside the engine bay leaning over? (Hope this makes sense) In other words, if the hood is up, you're facing the car and you lean over to look at the lights from the back. I think the little [email protected] nibbled on some of the rubber parts. [email protected]!t.

KCD

·
Registered
784 Posts
kcdoyle said:
Well Board,

After doing a pretty thorough search, I decided it IS mouse damage. I have a call into the dealership as I am sure it happened there. In the interim, does anyone have a picture of what the lights are supposed to look like if you are looking at them inside the engine bay leaning over? (Hope this makes sense) In other words, if the hood is up, you're facing the car and you lean over to look at the lights from the back. I think the little [email protected] nibbled on some of the rubber parts. [email protected]!t.

KCD
We will be glad to.

If you still need some photos we can get them to you tomorrow.

PM me if this is the case.

Best regards,

Shadowman

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great pictures Sean, thanks a bunch. My questions are; see the two little "rubber boots" that come out of the light on the top and then point down? (easily seen in picture #2) What are they? The little [email protected]$er chewed on one of those on both sides. Also, is there an area under hood that water should NOT be sprayed/ When I sprayed low pressure water trying to clean out dirt and potential mouse sh!t, my DSC, BRAKE, and ABS lights came on, all amber and did not turn off for 2 days. Will this store the faults? I think it is Peake tool system time!

Thanks for all of your assistance.

KCD

·
Registered
784 Posts
kcdoyle said:
Great pictures Sean, thanks a bunch. My questions are; see the two little "rubber boots" that come out of the light on the top and then point down? (easily seen in picture #2) What are they? The little [email protected]$er chewed on one of those on both sides. Also, is there an area under hood that water should NOT be sprayed/ When I sprayed low pressure water trying to clean out dirt and potential mouse sh!t, my DSC, BRAKE, and ABS lights came on, all amber and did not turn off for 2 days. Will this store the faults? I think it is Peake tool system time!

Thanks for all of your assistance.

KCD
The rubber boots are vents so the housings can vent........

Shadowman

1 - 5 of 5 Posts