BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Need Part# for bilstein/koni non adj rear stuts

983 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  magisnyc
I need to change the rear shocks on my 02. I'm just looking for an upgrade from the OEM struts so don't need the fully adjustable versions that is often discussed here. Car is street driven on stock springs, never will be on the track.

I prefer Bilstein's but will also go with Koni's if the price difference is significant.

Does anyone have the part number so I an order asap?

Thanks.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
3,491 Posts
Just to clarify, are you wanting to upgrade your struts (front) and shocks (rear) or just the rears? In either case I'd be inclined to stay stock unless you are willing to pony up $$$ for a quality setup that replaces the shocks and struts along with matched springs.

I've riden in an M5 with PSS9s. It seemed to have better handling performance, but rode quite a bit stiffer than stock - although that's not necessarily bad. I'm partial to Dinan's Stage 3 suspension, because it completely transforms the car, and I think the Koni version is very good if you want to save some $$$ over the JRZs (I have an E39 with both).

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.