BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I've been told by my mechanic that the front rotors are warped and I'm down to the last 20% of my front pads.

If I'm not keen on paying for BMW oem prices, where can I find similar quality rotors and pads?

I should also note I'm in Canada.

Thanks,
John

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
what u can do is like me which i am also from canada. I got my brake rotors from getbmwparts.com and had them ship it to a letter carrier near the border.

i got my brake pads from Livermore Performance - LivermorePerformance.com - LPIRacing.com - LPI Racing - racing parts - race parts - race car parts - lpi (cheapest anywhere I looked) they are the porterfield R4S, they are half the price of the oem pads. They have great initial bite and produce way less dust than oem. best thing is that they dont squeal at all. Also had them ship to the letter carrier

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
JZ -

I have OEM front rotor and rear rotor for sale. This could help you as you would only need to purchase one additional.

They are off my 2010 M5 and have less than 6,000mi on them. I do not drive my M5 hard often. 1,200mi of that was breaking the car in.

Let me know if I can be of help. Shoot me a PM if you want.

By the way, I would recommend OEM or Brembo. This is a good opportunity (and excuse) to get a Brembo setup. If not, defiantly go with OEM quality or better. We have a high performance M5 that we all like to DRIVE. Important in both aspects.. performance and safety.

- avlnch

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the offer! Let me see if I can source a pair but I will definitely keep this in mind. May I ask how you ended up with only 1 front rotor??

Posted from my iPhone

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Thank you for the offer! Let me see if I can source a pair but I will definitely keep this in mind. May I ask how you ended up with only 1 front rotor??

Posted from my iPhone
J
@JZ I have one front rotor and one rear rotor - so I have two rotors, not one. I went with a different brake setup, and I did a friend a favor and split them up, selling him two rotors out of the set of four.

Let me know if you have any questions, and again feel free to send me a PM.

Reactions: Nubs

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
Hey all,

I've been told by my mechanic that the front rotors are warped and I'm down to the last 20% of my front pads.

If I'm not keen on paying for BMW oem prices, where can I find similar quality rotors and pads?

I should also note I'm in Canada.

Thanks,
John
If your rotors have a decent width left on them, you can take them to a machine shop and have them shaved by a couple of mms and they shall be as good as new.

By the way, do you feel and juddering while braking? If you don't, there is no need to do anything. Just get some good brake pads and as you bed in the new pads, the rotors should also settle in.

For pads, go with Carbotech AX6 pads. You can buy them from Bimmerworld. They are cheaper then the OEM pads and perform much better.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Unfortunately the shop put the rotor on the lathe and it's waaay too warped to be machined down :(.

Front and rear rotors are not interchangeable right? I'm looking for a pair of fronts.

Posted from my iPhone

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thought so, thanks :)

The oem brakes are good enough! These suckers are bigger than the ap racing BBK in my NSX!

Posted from my iPhone

Reactions: BGm5er
1 - 11 of 11 Posts