BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I have an E60 M5 and my friend is taking delivery of an 135i in May and is planning on doing the Vishnu upgrade which will bring his HP up to 400.

The only upgrade I've done is add a Tubi Style Rumore exhaust. I would like to bring my car up to 600HP at the crank before May. What should I do? I would like to spend less than $15k if possible.

Thanks guys!

Jim

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
... your friend won't beat you with 400hp. the m5 is a 500 hp car.

if you want 600hp stroke the engine or do the GPOWER setup..

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
... your friend won't beat you with 400hp. the m5 is a 500 hp car.

if you want 600hp stroke the engine or do the GPOWER setup..
That is correct, but there is a significant weight difference. I don't think the G-Power supercharger is available to purchase yet.

Jim

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
i just drove the 135 and all i can say is wow wow wow wow wow fast little sucker a blast to drive

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
Fine, but do you have any suggestions on mods? Here is what I have planned:

- Evosport headers
- Evosport pulley kit
- RPI intake

Anything else?

Jim

Get the Dinan SW that ups the rev limiter to 8400 rpm and delimits the car. Not for power but hitting the rev limiter is very easy to do and if you do, you will lose power for a long period of time.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Follow the Lone M5Ranger

If the local stroker company (Dinan) is out of the budget than you should look at the thread about the ASR NOS package. M5Ranger has been running the sh!t out of his car and I believe he has the fastest 1/4 mile time recorded on an E60. :thumbsup:

Edit: I think the cost is in your price range also.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Yep 15k NOS is best bang for buck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts