BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love using Real OEM but I'm having some difficulty finding some of the parts I need to get part numbers for for my Front end Fix.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=DE93&mospid=47592&btnr=51_2427&hg=51&fg=75

I need what I think is the Passenger side version of #14. But it doesn't seem to be listed, it is also the same components that holds the temp sensor. I also need the little cup that goes around the sensor (creates the well in the plastic), but not the sensor itself.

I'm also pretty sure I need #3 and #6, but they are not listed in the list of parts under the pic.

Any help?

Thanks.

Bob

·
Registered
626 Posts
I love using Real OEM but I'm having some difficulty finding some of the parts I need to get part numbers for for my Front end Fix.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=DE93&mospid=47592&btnr=51_2427&hg=51&fg=75

I need what I think is the Passenger side version of #14. But it doesn't seem to be listed, it is also the same components that holds the temp sensor. I also need the little cup that goes around the sensor (creates the well in the plastic), but not the sensor itself.

I'm also pretty sure I need #3 and #6, but they are not listed in the list of parts under the pic.

Any help?

Thanks.

Bob
Part number 14 is listed four times, the second and fourth listing are for the passenger side - they refer to "right" as passenger side. WITH the brake duct cut-out the PN is 51712694832, WITHOUT the brake duct cut-out, the PN is 51712498990. The cup around the temp sensor is part of item number 14 - it's permanently attached, not separate.

Parts 3 and 6 are not listed because they're not M5 parts, and you don't need them. Perhaps you need #26 instead of #6? Maybe #28 instead of #3? You'll have to guess. What is the problem you're trying to fix?

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I posted a thread a couple months ago about smashing a hole in my front bumper when I had a brain fart and didn't pay attention when backing out of my drive on a -4° day. In doing that I broke the front fascia and #14 on the passenger side. I also bottomed the car out real hard and broke the undercarrage plastic screen #9. That apperas to be pushed up and whatever the brackets that hold it on appear to be thin metal and bent.

So I get to spend a lot of money because I'm a moron.

Thanks for the help, I suppose if I read things fulley it would help me.

Bob

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone know where the temp sensor is listed?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
There are a lot of parts under there ;)

#20 is also a supporting bracket, and make sure you order an amply supply of the various sized screw plugs and clamps.

Oh, and in case you need it, despite what the picture shows, #13 is apparently the cover for the oil drain, not #22.

On the engine compartment covers, remember that we do not have brake ducts as standard although there are mods to add them - the M Package refers to an option on lower series vehicles.

Lastly, part #9 also has several screws holding it in place, so make sure you get them too :)

FWIW, we all break those parts as part of daily life. My temp sensor is presently exposed from when I ran in a curb at the front of a parking space...

d-

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I may have the body shop guy get all the plugs and screws, I get discounted dealer parts through my aunt so I'm buying all the large expensive pieces.

If I get the brake duct versions of the covers (they are cheaper) will they fit on my car, even in a non functional state for now?

Thanks for the continued help, I appreciate it.

Bob

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
They will fit just fine - they just have holes in them that will allow dirt etc to get thrown into the engine bay. I wouldn't think it would be a problem for a short period of time...

d-

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oooh, dirt in the engine bay. That would suck.

I could probably search but is there a how too to put the rest of the ducting in? Do I even want to do it?

Bob

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
Oooh, dirt in the engine bay. That would suck.

I could probably search but is there a how too to put the rest of the ducting in? Do I even want to do it?

Bob
Yes there is a how-to. And I'm too tired to find it for you, so search for "open brake duct" :)

The general consensus is that if you are tracking the car you need a BBK and the brake ducts, otherwise you should be fine with stock.

d-

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Yes there is a how-to. And I'm too tired to find it for you, so search for "open brake duct" :)

The general consensus is that if you are tracking the car you need a BBK and the brake ducts, otherwise you should be fine with stock.

d-
http://www.louv.tv/cars/m5/ducts/

I did it for the heck of it when I put on the BBK

A

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Awesome, thanks.

I'll order those air ducts right away too then.

Bob

1 - 13 of 13 Posts