BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for the part number of the rectangular piece of time with the cigarette lighter that goes into the rear console on the early M5's with the 2+2 setup. I looked on REALOEM and can only see the part number for the trim when it is affixed to the rear of the front console which is 51162237508. The correct one can be seen in this pic right in the center.

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I was looking for this part too recently.
According to this the dealer should know the number but I never bothered.
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e34-m5-discussion/105945-centre-console-part-number-help.html
I've just glued a piece of plastic to the main bit which now holds it in place ok as I had some tabs missing.

Failing that, does it have a part no stamped on it?
As you can see mine has an E28 part no stamped on the 2 blanking plates either side of the lighter.
I can't see if there's a number underneath my handiwork though :(

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^ That is exactly what I'm looking for, I might have to make a trip to the dealer and see if there is a willing parts guy to look it up. I hope it's still available too. Thanks

·
Registered
418 Posts
I also would like to get a new one of these as mine has seen far better days.

I have checked my broken one and it is very clearly stamped 51 16 2 237 508.

so while the picture on RealOEM might not match, the number does. In fact, if you click the number on said website, you'll see it's an M5 only part.

it's marked as Ended though so we're all out of luck, it seems :(

3D printer time?

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
When I do a part search using my VIN, it gives me the part number you have already listed. So I would say it's the correct part.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the help guys, I feared it might be NLA, I might try a few sources in Europe to get one pulled from a car and check around.

·
Registered
145 Posts
There seems to be a lot of folks looking for the rear cigarette lighter. I am not certain if this is what you guys are looking for, but I found several on ebay, with many appearing to be in pretty good shape. Hope that this is helpful....

BMW E34 5 Series Rear Cigarette Jack Port E3451161946190 90 91 92 93 94 95 | eBay

Very Clean BMW E32 E34 M5 740IL 740i 540i Rear Cigarette Lighter Panel | eBay

BMW E34 5 Series Rear Cigarette Jack Port E3451161946190 90 91 92 93 94 95 | eBay

(with rear seat warmer buttons) BMW E34 M5 Rear Heated Seats Heaters Switches Lighter Plate E32 1989 1995 | eBay

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You are correct....my bad for the inaccurate post. I will keep my eyes open for a panel in the correct shape.
Thanks for looking out though, if you find one I will be forever grateful because I've just had a non functioning hole that lights up in the back of my car, haha.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
7 Participants
carchrism5
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing