BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

First of all, i´m sorry if this is in the wrong forum....

I have had a E60 530d for 8 month when i lived in Sweden. Due to some personel things I had to move back to Denmark. Sold my E60 and bought a VW Golf 4 2.0. I had that for 3 month, but never liked the car.

I have now bought a E39 540i. What an amazing car:):)

The only problem I have with it is the exhaust. Theres an AC Snitzer exhaust on it and is a little bit to much. I was concidering a single M5 exhaust or something simular to that. Can some one please inform me about the inside width of the pipes?

Thanks...

All the best,

Michael. :byee55amg

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
I don't know if anyone here can help you. Just looking at the pictures of the exhausts for the M5 vs. the 540i, it doesn't look like the M5 would fit. The M5 has larger cutouts to fit its exhaust system. This is done at the expense of room for a spare tire. In any event, the brackets and inlet are in the wrong place I think.

540i

M5

I don't know how loud the AC Schnitzer exhaust is, but I'd guess that most aftermarket exhausts wouldn't be "quiet," as most people who buy them do so just because they are louder. So probably your only option would be to get a stock exhaust from someone who is or has gone to an aftermarket system.

Try the RoadFly e39 Board to see if there is anyone out there.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Need4Spd,

Thank you for the nice answer. I think you are right regarding going back to the original exhaust. I will do that.

All the best,

Michael :)

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Question, Is the resonator still installed? I use the SuperSprint muffler like the one on top for the 540i.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts