BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I just got back from dealer and I was asking to check my DME software number.
They checked it from their system and it said E060-12-11-500

For some reason DIS gives me number E060-05-06-510 and inpa shows Unknown I-Step
Am I reading DIS totally wrong? Or is it showing only factory level.

I've had many issues with idle and i hoped that solution would be just with software.
Already changed vanos hp pump, 02 sensors, activated charcoal filter(solved my mixture problem), purge valves, etc..

Karl

Attachments

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
Have you owned the car since new? It may be a that a custom (or other factory) flash has been applied and they did so without updating the UIF.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've had the car 2 years. Dealer said that they made that update last year.
Could it be that DIS doesn't recognize new version because its newer than DIS version?

Is there any other way to check integration level?

My symptoms are with idle. If I drive longer than 10 minutes and stop, idle is fine about 750rpm. If drive short period like city driving. Idle rises immediately from 750 to 900-1000rpm and stays there.
Hoped that software update would solve the problem.
->
BMW TSB # SI B 12 19 08 Engine Electrical Systems

Next I'm about to check battery and alternator.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
You have DIS, do you have INPA? If so select E60 and when the menu pops up, select the top item and then functional jobs. Will give you a read on the entire vehicle.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is data what i got from inpa.
Also checked battery voltage when engine was off, 12,2v. Shouldn't that be above 12,4
And i got couple codes and limp mode while measuring voltages. 2B57, 2737 and 2796.
Isnt 2373 something with tampering protection? Probably made a short circuit..

Attachments

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
2b57 is limp mode
2737 could be tampering, but also indicates a DMTL error. Could be related to your canister swap.
2796 points to the bank 1 throttle actuator. Could be related to the idle issue. Can you run the throttle actuator diagnostic in INPA or DIS?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll try that next.
INPA Indentification screen and uif screen gives different number for many parts for example DME/DDE. Does that mean that those parts are changed in some point (3.6.2010). Can this be related to software update issue? Or is uif giving some other info?

·
Registered
45 Posts
J - You've been a big help to me in the past. However, I see where you offered an explanation for the errors above. I have a 'Peake' tool and per the manual, here is what it says. BTW, I have these very same errors and my does go into limp mode but only in that it lowers RPM to 6500 max. Throttle response and acceleration feels about the same. I took my car to BMW of Rockville, here MD and payed for a diagnostic report of codes. The report showed that my car had this code '00A709' and in the description field it states 'ALBFA: Actuator, Left' So after reading many post, I replaced throttle actuator 'left side' which I took as the one biased toward the drivers side, closer to the firewall in the valley pan, furthest away from the nose of the car. And if you guys still are not clear... I replaced the actuator that was not replaced in the edge motors you tube video.

Before replacing the actuator, limp mode meant a 6500RPM redline, DSC error and an extreme lack of power.
After replacing the actuator, I now get the errors below and limp mode means 6500 RPM redline and yet the throttle feels normal, no loss of power, no DSC error, just a lower red line.

A local shop says 2737 has to do with Mass Air Sensor, drivers side (bank1).... I did remove the entire drivers side air box and just the top on the passenger side air box but I have done this before, never getting a error. The same local shop ran the throttle actuator adaptation program. Yet I still get these errors. Should I buy new MAF sensor for this side... Did the actuator not fix my issue? Its very painful this car.

I switched pass/driver MAF sensors and the error stayed the same. I thought it would at least change to bank2 if bank1's MAF was truly bad. I also switched MAF with a friends M5 and nothing changed. You thoughts?

2696 - Motor Emergency Program Activated
2737 - Fill Plausibility Bank 1
2B57 - Motor Emergency Program Activated

1 - 9 of 9 Posts