BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Imola Red/Black Leather 2001 Facelift ( Y reg ) M5 with 78,000 miles. Not wishing to bore everyone I have to sell it at the end of October although I have not owned it for long myself. It is a genuine ex company directors car with full BMW service history, the full BMW warranty has just been renewed (at a cost of £900), valid until August 2006, it has tax until June 06, Sat NAV, TV, Full electric sunroof, alacantara lining, tracker, phone kit,all other standard options and is in very good condition, drives superb. It had an Inspection II in March 2005. The only thing it will need soon is 2 front tyres. Stacks of receipts etc. Can you please help me with a valuation, an M5 dealer offered me approx. £18000 -£19,000 over the phone, any ideas?

Thanks

Andrew :)

·
Registered
374 Posts
andysbmw said:
I have an Imola Red/Black Leather 2001 Facelift ( Y reg ) M5 with 78,000 miles. Not wishing to bore everyone I have to sell it at the end of October although I have not owned it for long myself. It is a genuine ex company directors car with full BMW service history, the full BMW warranty has just been renewed (at a cost of £900), valid until August 2006, it has tax until June 06, Sat NAV, TV, Full electric sunroof, alacantara lining, tracker, phone kit,all other standard options and is in very good condition, drives superb. It had an Inspection II in March 2005. The only thing it will need soon is 2 front tyres. Stacks of receipts etc. Can you please help me with a valuation, an M5 dealer offered me approx. £18000 -£19,000 over the phone, any ideas?

Thanks

Thats about right trade money for your car: A dealer will sell it for about £21-£22K. There is one on Autotrader at the moment for £21,900

"
2001 BMW M5 5.0 V8 4dr Saloon,
Petrol, 77,000 miles, . Y reg. One owner from new. BMW warranty. Carbon black with black and grey nappa leather interi Mega spec car with Full comms pack including Wide screen Sat Nav, TV, Teletext and Traffic master. Integrated Motorola phone with voice control for phone, Sat Nav and Audio. Dual zone climate control. Electric 3 position memory, heated seats linked to electric steering column and mirrors. Glass sunroof. Full privacy glass option and double glazing. Front and rear park sensors. Cruise control. Digital sound processor with on screen graphic equaliser and 6 CD Audio system. Xenon angle eye headlamps, Folding mirrors, Rain sensor wipers, Headlamp washers. Ski bag. Sport mode button. ABS, Traction control and multi airbags to front and rear.Full BMW service history and last serviced March 2005. BMW Full warranty until March 2006, Tracker subscription paid until November 2005 and TrafficMaster subscription paid until Sept 2005. Totally immaculate condition inside and out and pampered from new, alloy wheels are excellent and fitted with 4 new Michelin Pilot Sport tyres. Optional TV in-motion adaptor and Playstation2/DVD. One owner and 77000 miles. May p/x - looking for MPV or seven seater. £21,900"

You could advertisit privatley roundabout the £21-£22K mark, becaue you have the extended BMW Warranty.

Hold on a minute is that YOUR CAR!!!!! ouich

No that car is not RED!!!! Phew but pretty similar!!!!

I think it is
Cheers

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Amjad, thats probably a good example as mine sounds very similar.

Any advice on how to go about selling, i am not really looking forward to selling privately but i know i have to otherwise i will be giving it away to some dealer who will just stick it on their forecourt and make a few thousand for cleaning it, they don't even have to add a warranty.

Should i offer a test drive, i know that some people spend their Sunday's going round test driving fast cars with no intention on buying, how should i handle this and work out if they are serious,

Any advice would be welcomed from anybody...

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts