BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I played hookie from work and had an awesome day of fishing for striped bass in our native waters of NJ. Could not have asked for better weather, great friends, and fish to top off the day.

The day turned south as I went home and my low tire warning went off. Pulled over and low and behold I had a low tire/flat. I tried using the worthless "fix a flat" and no love. Called AAA and the best part was they did not cover the Garden State Parkway tow. $100 later, I was at a tireshop in central NJ and they only had one Michelin AS3 for the rear tire. Apparently the Continentals I had were discontinued. Long story short I spent $375 for a new wheel instal and balance. My questions for you guys are this

1) I was thinking of replacing the other 3 tires to match the set (although they are really in decent shape), and my wife simply thinks I am crazy and anal (two traits many of my fellow boarders have). So my question is, am I crazy for wanting to match the other tires?

2) Anyone know a good/honest tire shop in NJ?

3) I recognize people have to make money, but I can get two front new tires for $271 a tire and the rear at 317 a tire (plus 40 in shipping and no tax). So I am saving $30 a tire for the front, and another $30 bucks for the back tire. That is nearly $100 bucks savings which is pretty significant. Would it be out of line for me to tell the tire shop I would e happy to buy the tires form them but could they work with me on price?

4) Thank you guys in advance. Been a really long day and now having a drink after today waiting for a response to this note. Thanks again...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Where in jersey are you?
If your in the brick area, auto image usual has great pricing and willing to work with you on pricing if you can find it cheaper.
Ask for mike.
I'm the guy that would swap out all the rest to match.
Good luck

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am in Clark so brick is only an hour away or so.... I will give them a ring and I think I am just going to put new rubber on her and sell the other tires which are still in good shape... Would still love to hear from guys further north...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts