BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came home last night, and turned the car off. Went back in the garage a few hours later, and noticed that the tail lights were on. I opened the door, and there was no power in the car at all. I could not move the smg stick either. Tried locking and unlocking with the key and nothing happened. I am at a total loss. Car has been working amazing until now. Thanks in advance for your help.

Hector.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Ah, yes, this has happened to me before (and one other time, as I woke up and my battery was mysteriously dead). This has also happened on my friends e46 M3. What I did to fix it is: turn the car ON, and cycle your headlights on and off. Then shut her down and take a look. This worked for both of us. It scared me too. I ALWAYS back in, so I can see when I enter my house if any lights are on. I also do a quick "after-flight" walk around to make sure nothing got F'd up on that drive, and to make sure nothing is hanging or dragging.

The things we do for our cars. :confused3 But the quick 30 seconds can save you hours of BS at the dealerschit.

·
Registered
3,246 Posts
This might not relate to either of your problems, but BMW does include a "kill the battery feature" :eek:oohhh:
Actually it is feature to activate the marker lights on one side of the car, a common feature on European cars.
Hit the turn signal lever with the car off, and the lights will stay on until the battery is dead :crying:

·
Registered
407 Posts
This might not relate to either of your problems, but BMW does include a "kill the battery feature" :eek:oohhh:
Actually it is feature to activate the marker lights on one side of the car, a common feature on European cars.
Is that like with Mercedes, on their headlight dial you can choose left and right side parking lamps to illuminate?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Oh yeah, when I just did it my windshield-wiper stalk flashes my angel eyes. :weird: :aniq: :eek:oohhh:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts