BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching what the name of this part is but have had no luck. It is located on the passengers side and running alongside the front windshield. It is also covered in Alcantara. There are some unknown wires exposed and trapped beneath. They're quite thick but I would like to put them back in their place. Could somebody direct me? :1zhelp:

·
Registered
595 Posts
I've been searching what the name of this part is but have had no luck. It is located on the passengers side and running alongside the front windshield. It is also covered in Alcantara. There are some unknown wires exposed and trapped beneath. They're quite thick but I would like to put them back in their place. Could somebody direct me? :1zhelp:
Are you able to take a picture?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Are you talking about the A-pillar cover? If I remember correctly there is a hex screw underneath the ABS logo at the top. Once that's out you can remove it fairly easily.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you talking about the A-pillar cover? If I remember correctly there is a hex screw underneath the ABS logo at the top. Once that's out you can remove it fairly easily.
I think it is the A-pillar cover and it has an HPS logo atop. I'm not sure if ABS and HPS the same. Would you know if I'd have to worry about an airbag or any other danger?

This isn't my car. Sixth picture down:

bimmerfest - BMW Forums - View Single Post - 2004 M3 Audio upgrade...

·
Registered
147 Posts
Yeah, HPS is right. There's only one plastic logo at the top of the cover in any event :)
You don't need to worry about setting off the airbag taking off the cover.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, HPS is right. There's only one plastic logo at the top of the cover in any event :)
You don't need to worry about setting off the airbag taking off the cover.
Thank you for the info!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts