BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alrite so I went to update the modules with winkfp and today I turn on the car and getting passenger restraint malfunction error. I remember seeing it pop up while flashing the update yesterday. I believe it’s the smg/Sid modules. Anyone know what it could be? Also, Where can i find latest ZB numbers for the modules?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm also having the same issue after an update of SMG/SID module, would either of you share how you resolved this issue?

Thinking of trying out the solution from another forum here and or this, but not sure what the module will be as I dont want to defualt code wrong module.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I dont think there is SMG/SID combined module on the M6 or M5. For restraint and safety module combination is
SIM/SGM, if this is what you mean then you can't update one by one or update them individually. To solve your issue you need to update ACSM60 module and that will update both modules for you and the restraint and safety system will function again. If you are not sure kindly print screen the INPA identification page so I can have a look at your installed modules.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for your reply, looks like I am not very clear, it is indeed SIM/SGM which is the module I updated with V67 daten files. Do you mean ACSM60 needs to be selected while doing default factory coding via NCSExpert using Factory Coding profile?

·
Registered
279 Posts
No no, you start with updating ACMS60 with winkfp with the latest ZB number, that will update your SIM/SGM module, after that you will notice that the airbag light is on and will not go away, then you default code the airbag module (ABG) with the ncsexpert, choose ABG from the ECU list.
Note: If you know how to use ncsexpert the first ECU list you will choose CAS to write your VIN, then when you go through the process you will choose (ABG) to code it. Let's us know how it goes. Good Luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks again, one question though, ACMS60 module is indeed SIM/SGM module which is what I updated using Winkfp and as you said I have constant airbag light and seat belt warning light on the dashboard and blinking passenger air bag warning on the ceiling. This is where I am at now. Looks like I have to do default code (ABG) with ncsexpert as you suggested. For this, can I follow what was suggested here? Instead of DSC that they ar eusing to describe, I should be choosing ABG

·
Registered
8 Posts
Did default coding with NCS for ABG module and the error went away. Thanks for your suggestions platii.

I hope it would be fine if I ask couple more questions related to programming nog exactly related to airbag error.

I am having few more errors in my memory, hope someone can explain me what they are and hopefully how to fix them by programming if any. As you can see in the UIF file, all the modules with current years date are updated modules.

Attachments

·
Registered
279 Posts
I can answer some question on the M5 or M6, this car doesn't seem it is one of these.
Generally you need to figure out each fault code specifically for your car and address that fault before updating a module, you don't earse fault code with flashing or coding, this is not a good practise, in some cases it does if the troubleshooting guides you to do so, if a part is faulty the fault code will be triggered again after flashing.

·
Registered
279 Posts
With the software you have, you ned to access each system and module and read the fault description and act accordingly. you can post the fault for that specific system in the forum that related to the series and type of your car to search help and support there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for your suggestions. I will tackle one at a time. I am not a fan of erasing errors as well, I just attached both UIF and errors, so that if someone can refer that an error is due to the update and needs some calibration etc, they can point that out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts