BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my M5 back from getting SS Headers, test pipes, X pipe and Corsa exhaust, as well as AFE intake, and Evosport pulleys. I installed the Conforti Shark injector for my setup and went back to the dyno.

Remember, this is a Mainline dyno, so the numbers are more in line with a Mustang Dyno, or similar, but much lower than on a DynoJet.

Baseline was 305.7 stock with only 16,500 miles on the car.

After all the mods, it only made 325 on the best run. It looks like the torque drops off abruptly, so maybe the vanos programming isn't done well? Help please. This is a healthy motor with very few miles...

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Thats terrible. It shoud be running 370 and above. maybe your MAF's are bad. Have u had the car since new?

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
can you post up the graph/graphs?
There is a lot of variability in dyno results. Was the 'baseline' done on the same dyno, recently?
SS headers are good for up to 10% gain, you are a little shy of that.
Would be good to see air temps, humidity, etc etc.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've had the car for only 2 months, but the baseline was done 500 miles earlier. I can't get the graphs to upload to this site. I only gained 6 percent with everything.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
can you post up the graph/graphs?
There is a lot of variability in dyno results. Was the 'baseline' done on the same dyno, recently?
SS headers are good for up to 10% gain, you are a little shy of that.
Would be good to see air temps, humidity, etc etc.

Same dyno, same operator, 6 weeks between runs...

·
Registered
647 Posts
...I can't get the graphs to upload to this site...
You can always capture the screen and post it. That's what I did when I posted my dyno chart.

Just to be clear, fuses 17 & 30 were pulled, right?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dyno

You can always capture the screen and post it. That's what I did when I posted my dyno chart.

Just to be clear, fuses 17 & 30 were pulled, right?
They were pulled.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The cat delete should help too

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
30HP give or take.....

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
Do the so-called MAF test and post the results...

Please get hold of the dyno graph and post it...

If you have the chance,run it on a different dyno.Have often seen low dyno graphs on these cars that were down to operation errors.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
I think what should be looked at is not the delta between stock vs post mods, but the fact that the baseline stock yielded only 305HP. Address this, and repair accordingly, and you should bring the numbers up to where they should be. With that said, cat deletes do not yield amazing numbers and some intakes actually rob HP. If you can, try and installing the stock intakes with new filters and see where that lands you.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts